sellin duck eggs for $6 a dozen :D

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
I help my dad out at the farmers market(hes the market master) and I decided to bring some duck eggs there.My dad already sells chicken eggs so I thought that the people who come for the eggs would like to try somthin different.Ive read about people on the foroum selling eggs for $12 a dozen so I started selling them for $6 a dozen and people actually bought them!!these eggs come from my only two ducks,a pekin and a khaki cambell.The pekin lays HUGE eggs and the cambell lays ex large.The people were amazed at how big they were and didnt mind buyin them.Im so excited becouse now I can easily pay the $14 it cost for the 50# bags and probibly pay for my 9 chickens feed to!Next spring im going to probibly buy 2 new khaki cambells.

yep duck eggs go fast, usually sold out in the first few minutes. they are the best for baking and pastries
smile.png

I don't mean to hijack, but I have a question. My duck eggs are dirty dirty, the film on them is supper thick. Do you wash them before you sell them? I don't wash my chicken eggs because for the most part they are clean. Just wondering what you do? thanks

Good for you!! More young people need to have the ambition you have. Best of luck and good luck with the new ducks in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom