Selling babies

goatsandpeacocks

In the Brooder
Dec 4, 2022
I’m incubating IB peafowl eggs and not sure what to price them at. no crooked toes or any abnormalities and i’m in NE Oklahoma near grand lake so i’m not sure how much people will pay. currently i have 13 eggs but the peahens are cooking them up quickly so i might get more

I’m incubating IB peafowl eggs and not sure what to price them at. no crooked toes or any abnormalities and i’m in NE Oklahoma near grand lake so i’m not sure how much people will pay. currently i have 13 eggs but the peahens are cooking them up quickly so i might get more
Cool! I don’t want any but I was shopping on Craigslist for peachicks once and they were from $100-$175 per bird 😱😱😱 I’ve never heard of that in my life ! I was shocked

I think the price you charge depends on local market prices. You could check ads on Craigslist, Kijiji, local poultry forums, etc. to find prices in your area.
Some unsolicited advice from my experience selling peachicks:
Even if you list them as 'unsexed' you are going to get requests for cocks or hens only. At least one idiot each year asks if 'unsexed' means virgins. "haha gee I never heard that one before.:(
Decide ahead if you are prepared to sell to someone who seems unprepared to provide the peachicks with what is necessary for their health and well-being.
I make my buyers agree to the fact that the peachicks are healthy when they are picked up.

$25 -$50 each

$25 -$50 each
That is pretty much what small breeders sell their two week old non sexed IB chicks for. Common IB's don't bring much money until they are past the danger age then they are in the $250 per pair range as yearlings. Peachicks are very susceptible to cocci for the first six to nine months and unprepared people will lose most of the chicks.

Are you trying to sell eggs or the chicks that hatch from them?

Back
Top Bottom