Selling chickens and ducks

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by stirkle, Jun 16, 2010.

1. stirkle

stirkle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Hi... Just wondering how much I could sell my birds for as I am breeding them to sell and plan to do so as soon as my ducks start laying...

If people could give me day out - point of lay prices it would be much appreciated...

2. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    if you are selling locally youcould find a swap meet in your area and see what the going prices are. They are different depending on where you live.

3. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    Well, I'm not going to have any info for you unfortunately, much to my husband's dismay, I tend to be more of a buyer of chickens than a seller. [​IMG]

But before anybody is going to be able to help you, they've got to know more information about your birds. What breeds? Lineage? Show quality? There's going to be a huge price difference between a RIR basic egg producer and a show quality silky.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  4. stirkle

stirkle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Well I have 5 welsummers, 1 is the rooster who has a beautiful shiny coat, very fertile, very handsome, very proud and has a huuuuge chest...

Also have 1 cream legbar who lays an egg a day, beautiful blue eggs and is the best looking cream legbar i have seen basically because she has the largest crest iv seen

and a golden brahma with black... cant remember wat u call the coloured bits inside the feathers...

and shes a large bird, very striking...

I would say the rooster would win shows however I will not be showing him this year as the dog attacked his tail feathers....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by