selling ducklings and breeding questions

You could also send them with a little care sheet with recommended food, brooders setups, info about niacin, ect. It would really help people who are new to ducks or ducklings. You could make it on Office Word and print it out. You could make it look quite cute as well lol.
Just an idea

You could also send them with a little care sheet with recommended food, brooders setups, info about niacin, ect. It would really help people who are new to ducks or ducklings. You could make it on Office Word and print it out. You could make it look quite cute as well lol.
Just an idea
that would work! any idea how i can make sure they don’t eat them?

Advertising as pets will really help. By advertising them as pets rather than as, say, farm animals or something people looking for pets would be there. Of course, you would want to be sure that people have done their research and aren't just getting them for Easter, or because their little kids want a fluffy small pet, and just tossing them afterwards.
I've updated this now:
1590528265490.png

I'm new to owning ducks myself(I started with four and now have 16 somehow) but not to selling/giving away animals. There's really no way to make SURE they don't eat them, but being careful to who you sell them to is a good start. My friend has chickens and once they stop laying from old age they butcher them and eat them. It's not a bad thing for them to be meat birds, they might have a shorter life but they'll likely have a good life, especially if you sell them to people who properly care for their animals. Animals were created to provide for us in either work(like dogs), fur or food production, when an animal outlives it's usefulness it can be culled(not dogs though, they live until there's no choice, also not my ducks). It's part of their purpose. That's something you should accept BEFORE you start selling ducks, but it shouldn't STOP you from selling ducks.

I'm new to owning ducks myself(I started with four and now have 16 somehow) but not to selling/giving away animals. There's really no way to make SURE they don't eat them, but being careful to who you sell them to is a good start. My friend has chickens and once they stop laying from old age they butcher them and eat them. It's not a bad thing for them to be meat birds, they might have a shorter life but they'll likely have a good life, especially if you sell them to people who properly care for their animals. Animals were created to provide for us in either work(like dogs), fur or food production, when an animal outlives it's usefulness it can be culled(not dogs though, they live until there's no choice, also not my ducks). It's part of their purpose. That's something you should accept BEFORE you start selling ducks, but it shouldn't STOP you from selling ducks.
Yes, people who own meat birds often take very good care of them. If I had ducks to eat I would want them to live a good and healthy life. And, if you have to many that aren't producing anything, you're spending money on feeding them and such, then not getting anything like eggs or meat. When that happens, then you can't take good care of all of your animals that are producing. This goes for all animals raised for meat or produce. That's not to say you can't simply have them as pets but it's something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom