Selling Eggs? Bad day rant..

Toast

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 7, 2007
Does anyone on here sell eggs? Have you found that you meet some really odd people? I don't know if I am a looney magnet or what but I'm just annoyed with people! I'm beyond frustrated with dealing with these city slickers that think they know so much about raising chickens. I've had peope complain because I feed my hens leftover milk from the goats. I wonder what they'd think if they saw my hens going crazy digging and eating in the fresh manure!
lol.png

Do you ever just want to quit! I keep comtemplating it each day.

Tell me your stories because I need a laugh.

How do these slickers find out you feed your chickens goat milk?

I think I'd say something like "Oh... well, if you don't want any eggs I have five other people clamoring for them!"

I would like to sell my Sebastopol geese eggs this Spring. I am already getting cold feet! I had a horrible time trying to sell 3 goslings. I ended up keeping them and they turned out very nice. I had lot's of calls and no shows. Any advice?

Cuz I'm honest and said exactly what we feed the gals.
sad.png

Well, after that I wouldn't suggest telling them how your chickens mutilate mice and rip apart lizards for a snack. Also don't tell them how they eat scrambled eggs with a roach on top for breakfast. Definately don't tell them about the maggots and grubs at tea time. If they ask about their diets, just tell them they eat cardboard and lots of pasta. Yea lots and lots of pasta.

Mine love nothing more than a maggoty predator carcass. I have one old layer, Stumper, who is the carrion queen. She will burrow into offal like a hyena. :eek:
barnie.gif

I've had some serious mouser hens and just the other day watched my Muscovies suck down small frogs like a spaghetti noodle. I would prefer they did not eat the frogs since the frogs eat lots of bugs though.

Muscovies are the only animal I have seen that will eat slugs, big, small and GIANT. Now that is totally gross to watch.
sickbyc.gif

i sell anywhere from 20 to 200 chicks a week from my front yard ,,, this weekend about 75 ,,, talk bout a weirdo magnet,, ya aughtta see the ones i get ,, i got more stories then 12 people,,,, but cant really tell them,, cause i just cant say things that "polite" ,,, *$#@#@*
hmm.png
:|

Back
Top Bottom