Selling eggs question

City people are alarmed that the eggs have orange yolks & the white does not run all over the skillet..
hu.gif
:confused:

Last edited:
DLA,
I was comparing my eggs to store bought. My customers like the fact that my eggs are a nice orange color and not that pale yellow looking yolk from store bought and the fact that my eggs whites don't run accross the pan like a store bought egg.

Did that make more sense?

A friend at work bought a dozen green eggs but left them in the frig over nite. Another person opened up the carton and saw they were green and threw them out because she thought they were bad. True story

Well... note to self - when giving away extra eggs, make note on carton "One or more of these eggs may have a green shell."

Hello,

We just have a few girls and our friends and neighbors buy all that we care to sell. We have a "waiting list" set up for people that are interested in getting eggs. When the next dozen is ready. We tell the next person on the list and arrange a pick-up or meeting place. Right now we sell for $2/dz. If we had more girls we could probably sell a few dozen a day. Right now we sell to cover feed costs and build up money to pay for our meat birds we are getting ready to do.

Since we are selling to friends we haven't really checked into the leagalitys of it all. But for me, I rather ask forgiveness than permission.

peace
josh

Josh - how many eggs do you get? You only have 5 birds, and that's about all I want too. It would be nice to have enough left over to sell.

Back
Top Bottom