Semper Fi

I had seen that before, but it is hilarious!
lau.gif

Great post Debi!

Quote:
Every now and then old stuff is meant to be re-posted. I also will never stop loving the video loop of the penguin slapping the other penguin into the water. Over and over.

Im sorry it was posted like a news paper clipping and I seldom go to the Games, Jokes, and Fun! section so I had never seen it.I thought it was a poorly investigated artical.Sorry sometimes my fact searching/checking gets in the way of my humour.

Quote:
It's supposed to be a joke.....

I tell you what .... there is always some fact to fiction ..... I read this to my Marine daughter and her statement was.....

that is a running joke amongst themselves ....." watch out for that first step, it'll get ya everytime ! " LOL

All I gotta say is there is nothing like the security I feel walking down the street with my 2 marine children.

What I find annoying is that the suspect's name was changed from Tracey Attaway to "Tyrone Jackson". That's not so funny to me, but more disturbing.

Quote:
Because it makes the general public think he is black? Though I know a white dude named Tyrone. Yeah that is disturbing. My point of the thing was don;t mess a Marine.

Lost in translation....

Quote:
Because it makes the general public think he is black? Though I know a white dude named Tyrone. Yeah that is disturbing. My point of the thing was don;t mess a Marine.

Lost in translation....

I got how YOU intended it. But yes, it's absolutely meant to invoke the image of a "black criminal" getting thomped on by Marines or they wouldn't have changed the name. I'm sure everyone can argue that they know a white Tyrone, but it's pretty obvious why the name was changed to Tyrone Jackson. Not lost in translation, just disturbed that racism had to ruin what would otherwise be a perfectly funny story AS-IS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom