Sensitive Public Situation..... How would you handle????

I'm pretty sure the OP's mind is made up. Now we need to wait for an update for the inevitable drama the other woman will cause.
lol.png

You can ask ALL attendees to present health certificates for the horses, but you can't single out one on a MAYBE you have a horse that MIGHT have come in contact with said disease. I know what you are speaking of it, it's here, and all shows here have been cancelled. No animals in or out right now but we have proof of the presence of the disease. By informing one person they are not welcome you opening up yourself to lawsuits and a lot of grief; by asking everyone for health certificates dated within the last 14 days you are giving everyone the chance to decided on their own, if they want to spend that money for the certificate and attend, or stay home.

Dr. Bertone told us getting a health certificate is pointless. The horse can get sick after he gets the health certificate. Like many viral diseases EVH-1 has an incubation period.

Dr. Bertone also told us there is no point in spraying bleach or any other chemical on anything to try to prevent or deal with with EHV-1(neural or normal form).

I'm pretty sure the OP's mind is made up. Now we need to wait for an update for the inevitable drama the other woman will cause

debbieraymond once again reveals her deep understanding of the nature of the human critter....LOL! Ain't it the truth!

If you call off events, or require extra measures, you will have people very upset. If you continue with the event, you will have people very upset.

It might even be the same people in both cases!!!!

Last edited:
Rather than health certificates, ask the owners to certify that the horses have not been out of state in the last 30 days, nor have they been in contact with any other horses who have been out of state in the last 30 days. This minimizes risk of exposure, as it rfequires the horses to have been in-state and not in contact with out of statre horses since before the Ogden, Utah show where the virus was spread.

That most definitely would not minimize the risk of exposure.

I wouldn't respond, except that I think your statement, if adhered to, could cause unecessary infections, even mortalities.

Quote:
Exactly! Because if she is buying horses from someone else, she has no idea where those horses were or what they came in contact with.

I did hear that this Thursday on RFD TV Chris Cox is doing a special on this disease. I think it starts at 7 est. I am going to look it up tomorrow and set it to record.

Any horse can transmit the virus. Virtually all horses carry it. That's what people don't get.

All these things people THINK they can do and THINK that they are preventative...bleach, health certificates, thinking they know a given horse hasn't been exposed, thinking certain horses can't transmit the disease, these things aren't effective preventatives. They just aren't.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom