sensitive stomach?(Update)

barnie.gif
Just an update on my girl. I changed her food to California Natural lamb & rice she has been on it for a month and a half. There is still no change so I guess its off to the Vet we go. I hope they can figure it out cuz I am sick of poop!!!

I have a cat that has irritable bowel syndrome and cannot tolerate any form of kibble cat food so he is now on a commercial raw food. It might be something to look into, he had explosive diarrhea for months and within 2 days of being on the new food he was 100% better.

Last edited:
Have her checked for a pancreatitis. We just lost our dog in April due to this. He always had a weak stomach, and had trouble digesting food. On occassion he would have loose stools, and occassional bouts of throwing up. He developed an ulcer that burst in April, and could not recover from it.

The Vet will know what blood test to do, and it is treatable when caught. Dogs with digestion issues can be treated with lactobaccilius ( sp) in a powder form, or plain yogurt. ( I make my own)

Bluemoon

she was on meds for that but the vet did not do a blood test she just gave her the pills for it. She was on them for a month but didnt do a thing.So I dont think its her pancreis(sp?)

Coccidia can hide quite well. Here in Western Washington State it is very prevalent in dogs. I have had two dogs with it. Both of them were diagnosed seperately and both took multiple tests before they came back positive. It can be quite a bugger to get rid of once the animal has it. Also Giardia can have the same symptoms so be ware of that as well. Sorry your dog is not feeling well. Hope that its a simple solution once the find the right food for her.

She's got an upset tummy from something. I hope you guys get it sorted out. I switched our Sampson to a rotaation diet, and that helped him a lot. You can google rotation diet, and see how it works. The brand of dog food we used is called Nature's Variety.

Here's a link to their web page if that helps.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/

Bluemoon

Try getting a dog food that is meat based (meat as the main ingredient). Check out dog food ingredients, sad but whole grain corn or ground corn is the main ingredient even in well known name brand dog foods. Making it hard to digest in sensitive dogs. But dogs aren't vegetarians anyway so no wonder with that kind of filler. Walmart has their own brand on Lamb & rice that is meat based & IAMS Healthy Naturals with Wholesome Chicken is meat based too, but other than those brand, the rest is corn filler junk.
wink.png
Check out the bags, sad but true.

We get our dog food at Sams Club & pay $29.00 for 45lbs of Chicken dog food, with chicken as the 1st ingredient. It's a dog food, (not a puppy food) but will be fine for a puppy, just get Nupro, an all natural dog supplement..........that when added makes any food vitamin packed with goodness for any puppy or show dog ......it has digest enzymes, good for their digestion & coat. Even had our collie/shepard shedding less. It's a liver flavor dust you just add to a little warm water & make a gravy. Dogs LOVE it. www.nuprosupplements.com We buy it in 5lb. tubs. But you can get it in smaller amounts to see if the digestion enzymes help in your dogs digestion. But for long term use the larger amount is cheaper to get.
wink.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom