SEPT 11TH BYC LIVESTOCK & POULTRY SWAP..WINTER HAVEN, FL (central )

I have peafowl and they don't bother me in the least with the noise level. I enjoy mine 1001%!!! Mine will warn me in the middle of the night if something is going on, same as my guineas. But if all is quiet, they are quiet. If they aren't quiet, I know I'd better get my butt outside because something bad is happening. So for their guardianship, they are invaluable to me. They're better than the dogs at being watch dogs.

What kind of peachicks are these? I might be interested. Do you know how old they are? At the last auction I went to, prices were dirt cheap on full grown breeding age birds. $17 average on the BS pieds.

Quote:
I was just wondering. I was thinking about making another pen or a bigger pen
tongue.png

I already have 30 full grown and 9 babies. I dont need anymore. I may though haha.
I can't believe you like the bobwhites
tongue.png
your crazy haha. They are spastic! I never got a single egg from them! lol

Quote:
well..... i was thinking that i could grow them up a bit and sell them lol....but i think paul has about reached his limit. i have 3 pheasant about 1 1/2 months old also that i think i'm bringing also.... and of course, my burbon red turkey is a male, but because he's gonna end up having a heart attack and doesn't make a good pet, i think he might also. but i want peacocks...just think the neighbors (like my dad) might kill me.....

aaaand.....

i think i'm up to my ears in olive eggers...... so if anyone is interested, i have some. i dont really want to go home with any, so ya'll better buy some of them. i think everyone should have a chicken that lays a dr. suess green egg lmao

Quote:
I dont know if someone was outside messing around in my yard i would rather hear my 4 pitbulls tearing them a new rear than a peacock screaming like someone was after them lol

We went to the auction for first time in a long time few weeks ago and i saw some peacocks with their tails torn all up go for $45 bucks each! I might not eat the neighbors if they get over here i might trap them! lol

yea, they go high here too. incredibly high. i just found out that instead of sellign my giants for 4 each as babies, i should be getting them to 7 months and then at the auction here they usually sell for 35 each. /smacks forehead lol.

i am gonna need some help identifying some of the sexes of my young chickens. I put them in the pen and i thought roo but sometimes i think pullets. SIGH....................
I really am clueless on them!!! i wanna keep the hens so I have more laying hens. eggs are low with the loss of some of my laying hens.

Been cleaning up the yard and making room for everyone to hang out. Kinda low on chairs so bring some to sit in. I should just go buy some more for company anyways.

Back
Top Bottom