SEPT 11TH BYC LIVESTOCK & POULTRY SWAP..WINTER HAVEN, FL (central )

OMG................a very sweet lady just stopped by my house. She is from the Winter Haven NEws Chief and read about backyard swaps in Time magazine. She is coming wednesday to write an article about the swaps & take a picture to publish.

She is gonna mention my next one in December. HOLY COW....this could bring some crazy traffic!
Of course shout outs to BYC & my BYC family!!! SO EXCITED
wee.gif

Thank you for all that came out and hung with us. hope everyone did well & had fun! Will be picking a date in Dec sometime soon! Maybe Nov if i can't wait....hahahah

alpha chick it just takes a while..it took a couple weeks with my banty hen. I kept her in a cage in with them so they could see her but not chase her. At night I let her roost with them and made sure there were plenty of places to get away from them until I could get out to them in the morning. Eventually I let her stay out in the day with things to get on the get away from them. It seemed like if she wasn't on the ground they left her alone. Now they have accepted her and all is well.....except that today my son-in-law sent me his barred rock...here we go again!
sharon

Quote:
That awesome heather !!! yayyyyyyy
had a very good time at the swap today..keep us posted on when the next one will be
thanks so much,,,
also alpha chick
l am the one you bought the sweet girl from..if you need to bring her back..it wil be fine
call me
alice weston
863 984 6556

Quote:
Hi Alice, Welcome to BYC. She is just the sweetest little girl, are all of your chickens as well behaved? We put her in her own cage next to the tractor our girls are using until their big girl coop is completed, which will take a few weeks probably. Last night after the flock had gone up to bed I put new girl (not very original but her name for now) in the tractor. She walked around downstairs crying. I think she was very lonely. I left her to discuss the situation with my husband and when I came back out a few minutes later she was upstairs and there was not even a peep from them. This morning the flock came down slowly but she didn't make an appearance. She was up in the top alone and I finally took the top off and pulled her down. Since my girls were not friendly, everyone was put back into their cages and they are spending the day next to each other chatting. I will put them together later today for evening run time and keep an eye on them, and then they will all sleep together.

I am thinking that, if not before, when the new coop and run are done, it will be neutral land and arguements may disappear.

It was great meeting you yesterday and you do have lovely birds. Heather showed us some that she got from you and they are just lovely, as is our little girl. Is it obvious we really want to keep her? She is pretty special.

Quote:
That awesome heather !!! yayyyyyyy
had a very good time at the swap today..keep us posted on when the next one will be
thanks so much,,,
also alpha chick
l am the one you bought the sweet girl from..if you need to bring her back..it wil be fine
call me
alice weston
863 984 6556

welcome-byc.gif
cool! You found all us chicken nutz here on BYC!!!! Your gonna love this site.....................

Hi Everyone
thank you for the warm welcome:) l love this site already
smile.png

yes alpha chick i think she will be just fine by the time you have the new coop ready..
but if you feel you must bring her home that will be fine..l love my girls too and i want them happy
smile.png
but im sure she will be happy with you and the girls as they get adjusted..
very nice meeting you and your hubby too..
and heather is the sweetest person too..
we all had a great time at the swap..
l cant wait to see everyone again soon..
see ya in ocala if you get to go
smile.png

Sorry I couldn't make it to this swap but we didn't get back from Maine in time. I will be at (ThePamperedPullet) Eric and Le's swap next Saturday with cages and the Dunnellon, FL., TSC swap on Sat. Sept 25th.

The Pampered Pullets Farm Swap
September 18th, 2010
9:00 am
13788 SW 5th Place,
Ocala, Florida 34481
www.thepamperedpulletsfarm.com
---> MAP
We have plenty of room for people to set up and a lot of it is shaded. Parking is a bit tricky but we managed.

Back Yard Chickens / TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY Swap Meet, Dunnellon, Florida
9:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
Saturday September 25th
11252 N WILLIAMS ST,
DUNNELLON, FL
For more info contact Joan 352-216-4225
---> MAP

Back
Top Bottom