SEPT 11TH BYC LIVESTOCK & POULTRY SWAP..WINTER HAVEN, FL (central )

yippiechickie.gif
Woo Hoo! Looking forward to the swap tomorrow and seeing all my PEEP friends. I will be bringing a blue silkie roo and a friend of mine will be bringing a couple of pairs of quail.

I have been looking for some female WHITE DOVES, if anyone has any or knows where I can get some.

Lisa
smile.png

Good Morning all you happy campers. Hope you all have a great time at the swap today. We will miss not seeing you. We will be at a 4-H and FFA seminar today. Hope to see a lot of you next Saturday up here at our swap.
Have Fun!!!!!

OK, peeps .....................I am up! Gonna start getting ready & round up the chickens.

If anyone gets lost call me

Heather
863-221-2238

Just look for the 3 VW buses on 23rrd st nw! Parling in center median & anywhere you can squeeze on the front yard.

Got 2 new chickens to add to our flock.... don't remember or know what kind they are- that will go on a different thread... Anyway- thanks Heather! All three girls are getting along fine (so far)

We had a great time meeting everyone today and we got a beautiful little girl to add to our 5. However, she is as sweet as can be and they are all picking on her. Any thoughts on how to get them to all play nice? They are about the same age, 5-6 months and all girls. We started with our girls in the coop and letting the new girl out into the "yard" which is a 2'x6' run. We put down a tray of their favorite treat, sliced grapes. No one even seemed to notice the new kid until they were no longer gorging on the grapes. I had to go out for about 2 hours so we cooped up the flock and let the new one stay in the run. When I got back, I let everyone out (they can go and & out the coop into the run). They started chasing her around so she is cowering in a corner of the tractor.

HELP, how do we make them be nice? Or is this just something that might not since our 5 all were together since about 3 weeks (all different breeds though)?

By the way, if anyone knows how to contact the couple we bought her from, we might need to just give her back. As I said, she is so very sweet and gentle and she doesn't deserve to be picked on. She was one of the 3 black and white bramas in the cage with 2 solid black ones.

Woo Hoo!
D.gif
Just got back from Heather's swap a little while ago. Thank-You
ya.gif
Thank You , Heather! A great time was had by all. There were a number of BYC'ers there and a bunch more newcomers too. Lots of pretty chickens, ducks and quail. Everyone had a good time and a good lunch! We are looking forward to the next one!

Lisa
smile.png

Quote:
Do you have a way to separate her for a longer time, but still let them see each other? The other chickens are just trying to show her who's boss. Any group of chickens would do that, yours aren't being mean. If they can just look at each other for a time before trying them together you might not have to rehome her. Good luck!
fl.gif

Quote:
That is normal................give her a little but to get her place in the flock! EVERY chicken flock does that and it is in their nature and it will stop.

Back
Top Bottom