September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

I still have 3 eggs in the bator, but I think my hatch is over. 18 of 24 hatched. Not bad!!

8 golden sebright (out of 13)
1 silver sebright (only 1)
4 silver duckwing old English game bantams (of 4)
5 black tail buff Japanese (of 6)

I'm extremely pleased!

Congrats. I got 18 out of 24 too!

[COLOR=333333]My first purebred Silver Grey Dorking! I'm beyond excited. Hatched at 4am this morning. 5 more eggs left in the incubator. It's only day 18 though.[/COLOR]
Oh, what a cutie!
18 chicks. The ones I assisted must have got themselves out in the night. These were supposed to be blue and black copper Marans. So what's up with the yellow ones? I'm going to contact the seller.
Hmm...I had my Marans turn out odd colored as well. Got mine on eBay. Your babies are sweet, though, regardless!
WHOA! That was amazing! I've never seen a chick hatch before, I mean, really hatch. Little Sis just broke free from her shell and entered the world!!!!!! This is Little Sis, just seconds after hatching! I have a video of her hatching but I don't know how to upload it! It is so amazing!
Aww! What a tiny thing
1f60a.png
Congrats everyone on their hatching~ Exciting when they finally make it out of the egg!!! :jumpy I am a little late to the party here- I set on August 21st eleven of my blue isbar eggs. Hoping she was mating with my BI roo, Dan & Will Wheaton. However, if they come out with stripes I will know Mr.B (Bielfielder got her). I also have set 10 of my Svart hona eggs. They are all staggered.
Oooh, love Svart Honas. Hoping to have a 'Wall' coop established next year and fill it with black breeds lol!!
It was a tough day today. Little Sis hatched, which was incredible, but Jude didn't turn out so well. I was afraid he wouldn't be able to hatch, and I took a huge risk in opening the top to see if he was alive or not. I guess I took it too far. I'll never know if it was the fact he was too big or if it was me opening it that killed him, but he just passed a few minutes ago. He was my only chick that follow my Dalmatian standards and I may well have killed him. I know I can't blame myself complete, mistakes happen, some chicks are weak, but I woke up every few hours last night and exhausted my self in hopes I would get a healthy chick. At least I got three of them.
What a bummer.. Hate when they have to die on us.
Here is my chick who doesn't have a name yet 1 of 3 eggs set in the brinsea she hatched on 8/31. I found my duck egg pipped in the brinsea dried out :(. I think I will leave that one to just chick eggs. My farm innovators has 21 eggs on Thursday will candle them and take the turner out as we will go into lock down. In the little giant we set 12 duck eggs 2 moved to brinsea for lock down 10 were clear or didn't make it to the lock down stage. Second turn we set 15 duck eggs in the little giant so far 4 have exploded :(. 11 were clear today 3 have good veining/movement and 1 is iffy. Today we set 7 chick eggs in the brinsea. I know, I'm crazy. Lol
Hehe, I think we all are! Cute babe!!
I still have 3 eggs in the bator, but I think my hatch is over. 18 of 24 hatched. Not bad!! 8 golden sebright (out of 13) 1 silver sebright (only 1) 4 silver duckwing old English game bantams (of 4) 5 black tail buff Japanese (of 6) I'm extremely pleased!
Very good hatch! Congrats!

Just went into lockdown. My temps have been good but two of the eggs seem to have a lot of empty space. They're definitely alive but tiny anyone have any ideas?

Might take an extra day past the others, and could come out sticky, but nothing to give up hope on. Hope you marked which ones they are, in case they take longer.

There are no eggs here and nothing like a good hatch to make you itch for another. So I decided to try the store bought eggs. I got 3 dozen fertile eggs from Whole Foods. The Julian date is 243 which I believe is 8/31. I set them today (9/8) so they've been refrigerated for about 9 or 10 days. So I'm not optimistic. But even a few chicks would be cool. They are brown. I'm assuming Rhode Island Reds? Anyone have any advice?

Oh, what a cutie!
Hmm...I had my Marans turn out odd colored as well. Got mine on eBay. Your babies are sweet, though, regardless!
Aww! What a tiny thing
1f60a.png

Oooh, love Svart Honas. Hoping to have a 'Wall' coop established next year and fill it with black breeds lol!!
What a bummer.. Hate when they have to die on us.
Hehe, I think we all are! Cute babe!!
Very good hatch! Congrats!

The Marans were probably with some splash Marans. Many people are putting Black Blue and Splash Copper Marans together. I had that happen with my first hatch in July.
Today I plugged in the bator for my second ever hatch. I'm going to use eggs from my hens. They're pullets still, and much research tells me this will be a low hatch rate. However, I just sold my rooster and want to see what the babies from these barnyard combos will look like. Hatch date expected around September 30.
Dramaqueen, it's good to see you're hatching again.

Back
Top Bottom