September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

This has got to be the oddest hatch ever....Well, my eggs were due tomorrow. They were the eggs we found from my blue isbar hen, Blue. She had two mates, Will Wheaton and Dan, who both were killed by the neighbors dog in the last couple weeks. We found her stash on the 21st of 10 eggs and threw them in the incubator.  

I was so tied up with the neighbor's dog killing my other rooster Tuesday that I forgot to lock them down...

I went up to the farmhouse in the early am Wed and i hear cheeping...UHM...8 out of 10 of the eggs had hatched. All the chicks were in the bottom of my cabinet incubator. They had hatched in the turners and fell through the shelves below to the floor of the cabinet. I never have eggs hatch that early...

All of the chicks are happy little chicks...their legs seem fine and I don't forsee any issues. The other eggs were pipped when I repositioned them out of the turners and they hatched out yesterday as well. 10/10.

I feel so blessed that the little isbars are ok. Hatching in turners every 90 minutes, 50% humidity and a cooling cycle of 90 minutes every day....and then the fall. 

I have hatched so many shipped eggs with heartbreak. So happy that hatching my own has been positive. Svart Hona's are due next.These will be our first chicks from our newly laying flock. Exciting!

That is amazing! So maybe momma had partially incubated them before you knew it?
Congrats! Pics when you get a chance!

This has got to be the oddest hatch ever....Well, my eggs were due tomorrow. They were the eggs we found from my blue isbar hen, Blue. She had two mates, Will Wheaton and Dan, who both were killed by the neighbors dog in the last couple weeks. We found her stash on the 21st of 10 eggs and threw them in the incubator.

I was so tied up with the neighbor's dog killing my other rooster Tuesday that I forgot to lock them down...

I went up to the farmhouse in the early am Wed and i hear cheeping...UHM...8 out of 10 of the eggs had hatched. All the chicks were in the bottom of my cabinet incubator. They had hatched in the turners and fell through the shelves below to the floor of the cabinet. I never have eggs hatch that early...

All of the chicks are happy little chicks...their legs seem fine and I don't forsee any issues. The other eggs were pipped when I repositioned them out of the turners and they hatched out yesterday as well. 10/10.

I feel so blessed that the little isbars are ok. Hatching in turners every 90 minutes, 50% humidity and a cooling cycle of 90 minutes every day....and then the fall.

I have hatched so many shipped eggs with heartbreak. So happy that hatching my own has been positive. Svart Hona's are due next.These will be our first chicks from our newly laying flock. Exciting!

How awesome!
celebrate.gif

I'm sorry about the chickens you lost, but at least they got to have little chickies.

I had a surprise guinea today. Was outside by the coop and I hear some cheeping and look down to find a baby running towards me. Hen nowhere to be found. So I scooped him up And put in the brooder. It's lonely. Put a pink pig in there but that's not very comforting. I'll post a pic when I can find the add a picture thing. No other activity in the nest. Saw the hen get back on the eggs when they went to roost.

I hope other chicks will soon hatch so your surprise buddy can have friends!

I love catching up on all the hatching news! Congrats on all the new hatchlings. I forgot to post but the first set of chicken eggs went into lockdown yesterday. I am a little concerned that one of the chicks isn't doing so good, but I am giving it a chance anyway. :fl Hoping for the best, we will see in a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom