September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

We used to live in the city Buffalo,NY. There is real big chicken keeping rules there. No roosters cant have the coop near any structures. It has to be clean and they inspect them. You also have to get signatures from all the neighbors around you saying yes and if ones says no.Then the city wont issue your permit.

Sounds like Sacramento, at least the last time I checked.

Yup! And the outskirts as well. My sisters in Roseville and no Roos are allowed due to the noise they make. Really? I can think of several other noises in Sacto that I'd rather not hear than a rooster!!! Every time I fly home,I hear sirens. That's Sacto. If you don't hear them,something's wrong!
1f62a.png
My brother,who's also in Sacramento,can't have Roos. It's ridiculous.

I have heard a few places are like that. I don't need anymore roos but glad I have a couple helps me have eggs to incubate and tom warns us at night when something is out there.

Yeah, we have people in charge of Sacramento County that don't even live here that have issues with any "noise producing fowl" that don't get how they are a benefit.
They want a ban on top of the restrictions of the supposed "non-noisey" fowl. Sealed containers to hold feathers from the coops to prevent them from spreading in the breeze & such craziness...but my neighbor's dog barking for 12 hours straight through the night is acceptable, apparently.:rolleyes:  
Silly city-brained people...

Yea exactly! And what about all of the "chicken haulers"(trucks) that fly down the freeways losing tons of feathers!!!! They're all over the sides of 80 and 50 and end up within the city streets. Dude! It's nonsense. That's why I do love having my own land in the country. But I was a city girl for 30 years. And that's not the only outrageous law. I'm sorry for you that you don't get to experience some of the "country " blessings that some of us do. That does suck majorly.

Update: Our hen,Wilson,is excellent! Back to normal. Thank you to all who helped with advice and prayer. Our hen,Brenna,is better. But still battling a bad cold. I gave her a penicillin booster this evening. I'm hoping that's enough to knock this thing slap out!! Poor wittle baby. It's so hard to watch your loved ones,your chillins,suffer in ANY way. Prayers please!!!

Oh, I'm good hun! Grew up in old Elk Grove, love the country life & determined to get back to it.
It's only illegal if you get caught
wink.png
, the same motto my druggy neighbor lives by. If they come for my pets, then they better take that trash next door too
lol.png

I'll move soon into my tiny house & I'll be happy! It'll all work out then!

Yup! And the outskirts as well. My sisters in Roseville and no Roos are allowed due to the noise they make. Really? I can think of several other noises in Sacto that I'd rather not hear than a rooster!!! Every time I fly home,I hear sirens. That's Sacto. If you don't hear them,something's wrong!
1f62a.png
My brother,who's also in Sacramento,can't have Roos. It's ridiculous.
Yep!

Oh I didn't see that....yay you on your house! Hey I like tiny. As long as you can make most of your own rules....like something so simple as having a roo. And it's not like your neighbors probably aren't awake in the morning anyways,right!?! Ugh annoying. In some of the apartments I've lived in,forget about having a dog....you'd have to fight just to have a couple of cats!!! And my boys are my sons. But then you get charged up the yang to have them. Animals are awesome. Having them shouldn't be as much of an issue. It's not like you're wanting to bring home a horse or an ***. (Donkey;didn't know I couldn't use the other word...
1f601.png
) And even then......lol
1f618.png

Last edited:
Wow. I have nothing as far as predators other than my own dogs because I'm in a residential neighborhood but that's why we aren't allowed to have roosters.
so do I but I still have skunks. So far, it hasn't gotten I to the back yard. My chihuahua barking through the fence scares it off.

Pasty butt experience anyone? I've heard yogurt mixed with food helps

We used to live in the city Buffalo,NY. There is real big chicken keeping rules there. No roosters cant have the coop near any structures. It has to be clean and they inspect them. You also have to get signatures from all the neighbors around you saying yes and if ones says no.Then the city wont issue your permit. Needless to say we moved to country and than a yr later to the country in a different state altogether.
I would move too if someone told me no chickens!

Thank goodness i so worry about that.
Well my little zipper hatched. And on a different note. Something got my new white leghorn chicken a week ago and the night before last got my favorite chicken. A couple days ago we went to the fair and bought two adult geese. English buff geese. I found my dog wrestling with the female when I went outside. My hubby cleaned her up no real damage but she got the dog good above his eye. I hope thsmat teaches him.
Than Tonight my son goes outside to check on the chickens and finds a possum eating my dogs food. Needless to say my husband chased it off by pelting rocks at it. Time for a trap and I hope that we catch it before we lose anymore chickens or ducks and geese for that matter. I still have yet to move my broody chicken. One thing at a time I guess.
Sorry about your predators! That really stinks! You def need a trap & a defined area for your dog. I have lost 12 in my flock to the neighbors dog. I also lost 14 last year to what was probably the same issue. I could only prove two. I just ordered a survellience camera. My next order is either a paintball gun or maybe a shotgun. We have a huge cayote population in my woods but I have never seen them next to the house! Best of luck to you....I hope you do not suffer any more loss'

Back
Top Bottom