September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

6 very expensive omelettes anyone?
1f62d.png
tripped over every single Tricolor Paint silkie egg smashed
sad.png
Oh well just aswell I'm getting more next week still I kicking myself :-/

th.gif

Boy. Sorry to all who are having accidents, and I am joining the ranks. I borrowed an incubator from my coworker and filled it last night. Well, I went to check it today and it was completely cold! I text my coworker and she thinks she got the wrong cord and honks the bator may have fried. :( I had to throw away all 6 of my speckled Sussex eggs. :(

Wow I though I had it rough. Sorry to those who lost eggs or having problems.
To the person with the incubator cord maybe if they bring the right one give a try anyway. I'm sure the eggs will keep while you wait.

Last edited:
10 days from Sunday will be 9/2 I think.
I had an epiphany about my dark egg challenge on the brinsea.... Thinking I could water candle if I can remember how to do it before they pip...

That is so sad!   I hope things go all the way good for you and your broody and little babies this time!  Did you move her to a different place?

Thanks it was very hard on me. Well she's in the same place as the other broody was but I took the whole nest box which is a 20 galling tub and put it in a wired dog kennel and then I have a I guess it's chicken hard cloth but it looks like window screens just metal all around the whole kennel.

Well now I have to worry about the upside, and too hot eggs. But, will wait on the water candling per this advice :)

@Joplus

9 SQ Sicilian Buttercup eggs(arrived in very bad shape)
-set 8/16
-first candle(day7) number down to 2-3 appear viable
-5 eggs quit and were removed. Decided to give the others more time.
-due 9/6

Replacement eggs
10 SQ Sicilian Buttercup eggs
2 partridge rock eggs
-air cells a bit rough
-set 8/21
-due 9/11

Well I got my 200 set today. Now got to make it through the waiting period.

Glad they don't take as long as it did with my kids. That wait seemed like forever. Now that they're grown it's like where did the time go. My oldest is about to turn 30 in October.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom