September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Omg I'm super excited my chicks are due Thursday. I'm new to this and still have some last min building to do so when momma went to the restroom this morning I checked the eggs and you can hear them pepping inside
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
and also the ones I looked at already have cracking on the shell am I good until Thursday when they will hatch if 4 of 10 eggs I looked at have the shell cracked already..

Sounds like fun! Good luck, keep us updated!

]Lets see if I can get this uploaded. Video of Bresse eggs received last Wednesday set at 6:45 p.m. Thursday? Have to check calender
I see several that look promising light veining already.

[VIDEO]Bresse eggs sept 1, 2015[/VIDEO]

Now this is a new one.  What day again?  If you are seeing movement, just leave it as is.  Your humidity is at a great place, and especially since your aren't seeing condensation any where else.  From what I can see in the egg, it looks like you should be seeing movement.  The air sac does not look very clear though, is that a real dark egg?  If it is a cream egg, should be more bright if chick is alive.   See something new on BYC every here and there, and again.  :idunno

Day 10. No movement for about 3 days now. The egg is a very light cream. I was very excited when I saw movement in the first week but that stopped about 3 days ago so I wasn't sure if this new thing meant that it's definitely dead & should go. I couldn't find anything on "water drops inside the air cell" or anything close to that description. My other two don't have this but they aren't moving at all & are colder feeling & dark with a blood circle all around the middle.:/

Serama eggs are extremely sensitive to temperature changes...especially shipped eggs . I tried two shipment of eggs with no success. I finally bought two lovely pair and have incubated every one of their eggs. Shifting from incubator to a hatcher means maintaining the same temperature in both. Still, I have only Five chicks from the parents.

Omg I'm super excited my chicks are due Thursday. I'm new to this and still have some last min building to do so when momma went to the restroom this morning I checked the eggs and you can hear them pepping inside
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
and also the ones I looked at already have cracking on the shell am I good until Thursday when they will hatch if 4 of 10 eggs I looked at have the shell cracked already..

From pip, it can take up to a full 24 hours before the chick hatches. This depends on the vigor and genetics. It must get used to breathing oxygen, absorb the nutritious yolk, build body strength from manipulating around to zip, and finally pushing with its legs and feet to open the shell. Each stage requires a period of rest.

Well went to feed horses this morning and checked on momma and what do you know I heard loud chirping when I looked she had 1 chick already then I saw at least 2-3 more so she had them last night and I had to go to work this morning so hoping everything will be good with them. I have 10 in all so that leaves 6-7 more to go. I'm so excited..

Congrats to everyone with fluffy butts!! The 2 brinseas went into lock down last night and getting the humidity up and under control has been a struggle. The sponges go dry so quickly in those things!! I also set two dozen silkie and bantam Cochin eggs in the little giant on 8-31. There was a stinker that started to seep and it smelled up the whole house. Thought hubby was going to lose it
1f601.png

I just started into day 1 with 12 Ayam Cemani eggs, 4 silver duckwing eggs, 4 splash cochin mixs and 5 gold mixs. I'm so excited And crossing my fingers for some baby's!!!! Best of luck to the rest of you.

Serama eggs are extremely sensitive to temperature changes...especially shipped eggs . I tried two shipment of eggs with no success. I finally bought two lovely pair and have incubated every one of their eggs. Shifting from incubator to a hatcher means maintaining the same temperature in both. Still, I have only Five chicks from the parents.

I'm going to try another round, they are in the mail & I'm hoping I will get some in September still. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Well went to feed horses this morning and checked on momma and what do you know I heard loud chirping when I looked she had 1 chick already then I saw at least 2-3 more so she had them last night and I had to go to work this morning so hoping everything will be good with them. I have 10 in all so that leaves 6-7 more to go. I'm so excited..

Congrats!

She looks like a good momma.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom