September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Joplus, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Sounds like fun! Good luck, keep us updated!

1 person likes this.
  2. marmca

marmca Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2013
    Gainesville, FL
    ]Lets see if I can get this uploaded. Video of Bresse eggs received last Wednesday set at 6:45 p.m. Thursday? Have to check calender
    I see several that look promising light veining already.

[VIDEO]Bresse eggs sept 1, 2015[/VIDEO]

3. Naliez

Naliez Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2015
    Not yet! I can see his little beak!

4. marmca

marmca Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2013
    Gainesville, FL
    ]Lets see if I can get this uploaded. Video of Bresse eggs received last Wednesday set 6:45 p.m. Thursday

upload video

5. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Serama eggs are extremely sensitive to temperature changes...especially shipped eggs . I tried two shipment of eggs with no success. I finally bought two lovely pair and have incubated every one of their eggs. Shifting from incubator to a hatcher means maintaining the same temperature in both. Still, I have only Five chicks from the parents.

From pip, it can take up to a full 24 hours before the chick hatches. This depends on the vigor and genetics. It must get used to breathing oxygen, absorb the nutritious yolk, build body strength from manipulating around to zip, and finally pushing with its legs and feet to open the shell. Each stage requires a period of rest.

6. Chquinta

Chquinta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2015
    Moss Hill, Texas
    Well went to feed horses this morning and checked on momma and what do you know I heard loud chirping when I looked she had 1 chick already then I saw at least 2-3 more so she had them last night and I had to go to work this morning so hoping everything will be good with them. I have 10 in all so that leaves 6-7 more to go. I'm so excited..[​IMG]

7. zoey87

zoey87 Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2014
    Ohio
    Congrats to everyone with fluffy butts!! The 2 brinseas went into lock down last night and getting the humidity up and under control has been a struggle. The sponges go dry so quickly in those things!! I also set two dozen silkie and bantam Cochin eggs in the little giant on 8-31. There was a stinker that started to seep and it smelled up the whole house. Thought hubby was going to lose it [​IMG]

8. Sarafena1982

Sarafena1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2013
    Brookfield, Ohio
    I just started into day 1 with 12 Ayam Cemani eggs, 4 silver duckwing eggs, 4 splash cochin mixs and 5 gold mixs. I'm so excited And crossing my fingers for some baby's!!!! Best of luck to the rest of you.

9. Scovy Momma

Scovy Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    Sacramento CA
    I'm going to try another round, they are in the mail & I'm hoping I will get some in September still. Fingers crossed!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  10. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Congrats!

She looks like a good momma. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by