September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

The Serama bantam has inherited (from the Japanese bantam), a lethal gene combination that causes 25% of chicks to be unable to hatch.

Oh. That's too bad.

Thanks for letting me know.
smile.png

Oh. That's too bad.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

I know there's a ton more information about it somewhere on here. I heard also, that it's not uncommon for them to die shortly after hatch also. But I'm not deterred. It's a little sad, but it makes them just that much more special! :) There's also all kinds of tips/tricks and advice on getting a good hatch rate out of them. I wish I knew the links off hand.

Oh wow.... oh wow..... That was so amazing!!!! My first chick hatched! And its one of my Dalmatian bantams!!!!

Sooooo precious

Here he is hatched

Here he is hatching

Ohhhhh ohhhh I'm over here sitting on my hands to keep from waving them around!!!! I'm super stoked for you honey!!! God is so good. Thank you Lord.
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
Thank you so much!

I would type more, but I only have one free hand right now. Little Dude is sleeping in the other.
jumpy.gif

I figured as much! Lol ahhhhhh I can't wait for my babies!!! Due 9-13. Talk about impatience!!
1f62c.png
1f633.png
1f616.png
Doncha just love when they snuggle up in your hand...against your chest. I think,to them,that's the next best thing to their mama. Hearing and feeling your heartbeat,as well as the movement of your breathing. The generating heat between the two of you. I've heard humming is very soothing to them. Wait was that you that told me that? Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom