September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Joplus, Aug 18, 2015.

1. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Alright, question for those who have hatched before: do you vaccinate for Marek's disease, or rather should I vaccinate my chicks? If so, how?

2. Joplus

Joplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2014
    I candled on day 10 and 14. I have taken a glance at a couple. It's completely filled with black except for the air cell and those look great. They are very dark Marans eggs. I just added water to the trough. Just one and it's about 60%. I'm afraid to fill the second trough and the humidity to go too high. There's definitely one egg really wiggling. Maybe that's it and was a little incubated before I got it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  3. zoey87

zoey87 Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2014
    Ohio
    Same here!!! Ugh we'll sit in the patient boat together. I'm twiddling my thumbs. Hopping yours hatch soon!

4. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    They're hatching! Two of them are hatching!!! (the other two I set a couple days late) [​IMG]

It must have been mom. When I talk to the eggs, to try to get them to respond to me, they were quiet. But to her they cheeped and got excited and just an hour or so afterwards started hatching. Guess that shows they like my mom better then me. [​IMG]

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    :celebrate

I just locked down 24 awesome looking eggs!! Let the thumb-twiddling begin! :D

1 person likes this.
  6. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Best of luck to your hatching!!! [​IMG]

My chicks are doing it right now, and I get to watch them! This is the first time I've gotten to witness a natural hatching, as usually the only time I get to see a hatching egg is to help it (generally they are otherwise hidden under their mother). It is so cool!

7. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    My pekin x duckies were set 8/28 :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    I love to see their little hearts beating. [​IMG]

9. Joplus

Joplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2014
    Congrats! Love to see pics

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  10. Naliez

Naliez Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2015
    We are on our second attempt at shipped Serama eggs. We had one almost make it out of the first, but they had a rough trip. I hear Seramas are a difficult breed to hatch alone because of their small size, delicate eggs and lethal gene and shipping adds it's own schlew complications. But we're not giving up yet! We have 6 out of 18 alive and due for lockdown on Monday. We are so new at hatching, we are still learning the "art". I'll let you know how it goes! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by