September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Joplus, Aug 18, 2015.

1. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Dito: Lock-down starts tomorrow. Bought a brighter flashlight on amazon so I can see inside my dark brown and green eggs and get rid of any that aren't growing anymore. Good luck everyone!

2. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Thank you [​IMG]

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Just looked back at the first post, and I believe there are some folks who owe us some baby pictures!!

Chop, chop, people! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    That's what I did too, I bought a 225 lumens at Walmart lol

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  5. Joplus

Joplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2014
    Omg my eggs are wiggling!!! It's only day 17. Is that normal? I'm now super excited. When should I expect a chick? Late last night I rolled them and set the temp probe on an egg, which I guess it shook off but I was half asleep and just put it back. Today saw one for sure move.

6. Joplus

Joplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2014

Good luck [​IMG] I pulled a dozen early quitters out already and I can't see in the rest (2 dozen) I hope that's because they're full of perfect chicks

7. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Congrats! Maybe it was incubated by the chicken prior to setting in your incubator [​IMG] Who knows. Otherwise, what temperature was your incubator at? If it was too high, that can cause early hatches also, but I don't think by that much.

8. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Sooooo impatient. My eggs are suppose to be hatched today and they aren't even pipped. I had lowered the temperature a degree because it seemed too hot, but I put it back up to see if that would help. The humidity is nice and high and when I candle the eggs they seem to be alive, but not very active. They aren't chirping at me either.

Stay patient. I have to stay patient. [​IMG] Too late. Lol.

9. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol so true! I'm needing a "chick fix" as well!!! Get with it people! Lol my 10 banty eggs are due 9/13. I'm excited to have more running around. The two I have are just so docile and sweet tempered. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Day 17? Wow! You might want to go ahead and lock down. Have you candled lately?

Its so much easier for us to tell each other to be patient... why is it so hard to practice what we preach??? [​IMG]
    Be Patient GitaBooks... Be Patient GitaBooks... Be Patient GitaBooks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by