September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Pictures of the baby chicks coming soon...so while you wait...3 beagle puppies,full and sleepy.

I LOVE PUPPIES!
love.gif

We are planning on getting a couple more this autumn, I can't wait!

Hi I am so excited right now I went to my grandparent to find three baby goslings they are so cute will keep updated

So cute! Congratulations!

That's the worst part of incubating shipped eggs...You just never know if you will have any hatches...:( Glad you have a few though!

Ah! Tell me about it, I always take into account that Imported eggs wont have a great hatch rate as they have so far to come n 2 different countries postal services to go through. I knew that x4 were viable from pretty early on a a few were possibles. ell x3 chicks have hatched and are alive and well. I've got 2 in the brooder with some older chicks and one is in the 2nd incubator drying off. There's one egg left and some movement in it, I quickly listened earlier today, so hopefully there may be one more chick in the next day or so. I'm just really happy to have 3 live chicks as I cant get this kind of Maran in this country, hence the imported eggs. So these guys will be kept what ever as they are breeding stock.

There all happy healthy noisy chicks so far and the one who hatched first is already mixing with the older chicks n eating n drinking so I well pleased with this. The 2nd chicks getting a bit more interested n active taking longer wanders out of the brooder and following its friend. the older chicks are doing pretty well making sure these guys aren't being tripped over.

Fingers crossed on the last egg hatching.

The one with the ring had a micro crazy know so I took it out and it was a blood ring! Total bummer man! I had to add more cushioning I think she stepped on the egg a bit while turning them and Cracked it. :( I am giving up on candealing for now. I will recheck in a week and see I have been giving the broody baked fish because that's all she will eat lol

celebrate.gif
It Has Begun!!
celebrate.gif

It is a day early and the first duckling has just emerged! The week-and-a-half-long hatching marathon (at this house) has started and won't wrap up until the last of the eggs/sets hatch on (or around) September 30. This set started out as 6 Pekin mix eggs. One was sterile and was tossed early on. Five made it to the incubator. Status so far; 1 hatched, 1 zipping, and 3 pipped!! Yay! The fun has begun.

Pictures of the baby chicks coming soon...so while you wait...4 beagle puppies,full and sleepy.

I'm jealous. My hubby and I got four beagle pups two years ago from a "friend." Long story short,they all died from parvo and HE KNEW THEY HAD IT! We did EVERY thing possible to try to save them. It was the most saddest,devastating experience ever. We were going to train them to be our rabbit dogs. Anywho,will eventually get more. Once we get the Shepard to chill out!!!! Grrrrrr....
1f621.png
I'm in no way wanting to offend you or sound insensitive....please please vaccinate. This guy,whom is no longer a friend,didn't vaccinate the parents. So even though we got them their first round of parvo vaccine,it didn't matter. They were already infected. They were doomed from birth. I'd never seen a dog suffer from that. My husband had. It was definitely a week full of sobbing.
They're extremely susceptible as youngins. Did you know a parent can be a silent carrier? Never show one sign and live a long life. So weird. I'm sorry listen to me rambling on. Hopefully not discouraging you. Just some people aren't aware. Hoping I've helped....maybe??? They are just precious my dear. So very happy for you.

Last edited:
I'm jealous. My hubby and I got four beagle pups two years ago from a "friend." Long story short,they all died from parvo and HE KNEW THEY HAD IT! We did EVERY thing possible to try to save them. It was the most saddest,devastating experience ever. We were going to train them to be our rabbit dogs. Anywho,will eventually get more. Once we get the Shepard to chill out!!!! Grrrrrr....
1f621.png
I'm in no way wanting to offend you or sound insensitive....please please vaccinate. This guy,whom is no longer a friend,didn't vaccinate the parents. So even though we got them their first round of parvo vaccine,it didn't matter. They were already infected. They were doomed from birth. I'd never seen a dog suffer from that. My husband had. It was definitely a week full of sobbing.
They're extremely susceptible as youngins. Did you know a parent can be a silent carrier? Never show one sign and live a long life. So weird. I'm sorry listen to me rambling on. Hopefully not discouraging you. Just some people aren't aware. Hoping I've helped....maybe??? They are just precious my dear. So very happy for you.

I'm so sorry. That is so terrible.
sad.png
That is very helpful information.

Back
Top Bottom