September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Wvduckchick: Gosh thank you! You are uplifting my spirits! I really do appreciate it. Yes you're very right. It is a part of it. I kinda feel badly that I didn't do it sooner. It actually looked as if the meds were working. But,then I knew......it was time. Thank you for your prayers and hugs.
274c.png
2b55.png

:hit. So I just wanted to update all of you guys that assisted me with my two sick hens. Wilson is out of the woods. She is doing wonderfully. I'm very relieved. On the other hand....Brenna was so so sick. She continued to just get worse. (She had a very thick mucous in her mouth and nose. She struggled to breathe. She made a loud goose-like noise. And there was this stinky matted funk on her inner feathers. She smelled like a nasty,wet dog. She still remained one of the sweetest hens I've ever had. Too bad the meds weren't enough. ) I hated seeing her suffer. And my husband and I decided that for her sake and the safety of the flock,to send her to heaven to be with Hope. So as I write,I'm in tears. I have never culled a chicken. The only way I was comfortable with was using my .22. One shot,one kill. Instant. No suffering. Its devastating to me,but I know it was necessary. I will NEVER ever get chickens from just any ole someone!!!! And not separate them at first..... Stupid on my part. I'm praying that no other bird gets sick. The water is medicated. Would y'all please pray with me? Thank you again for all the advice.

OMG that is awful I amean so sorry! I will pray for you to get through this
Hang in there girl

:hit. So I just wanted to update all of you guys that assisted me with my two sick hens. Wilson is out of the woods. She is doing wonderfully. I'm very relieved. On the other hand....Brenna was so so sick. She continued to just get worse. (She had a very thick mucous in her mouth and nose. She struggled to breathe. She made a loud goose-like noise. And there was this stinky matted funk on her inner feathers. She smelled like a nasty,wet dog. She still remained one of the sweetest hens I've ever had. Too bad the meds weren't enough. ) I hated seeing her suffer. And my husband and I decided that for her sake and the safety of the flock,to send her to heaven to be with Hope. So as I write,I'm in tears. I have never culled a chicken. The only way I was comfortable with was using my .22. One shot,one kill. Instant. No suffering. Its devastating to me,but I know it was necessary. I will NEVER ever get chickens from just any ole someone!!!! And not separate them at first..... Stupid on my part. I'm praying that no other bird gets sick. The water is medicated. Would y'all please pray with me? Thank you again for all the advice.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I did something similar and it was a year ago and still filled with regret. I bought a Cuy not realizing they carry foreign diseases and it didn't kill my guinea pigs but killed my entire herd of flemish giant rabbits. It was devastating!

I only wish we could all be giving you hugs from less afar. Id bring the chocolate and the tea who's getting the s'more stuff. I do so wish we could be with you Hunny. You gave me such comfort over our Coco because even after he tortured us and made us afraid to go outside we still regretted what we had to do. Then when we lost Blue a week later it was horrible and I was so broken. I'm sure that Brenna is grateful to you for allowing her to rest. And I'm grateful for our friendship and the comfort you have given to me. Xs and Is love.

Back
Top Bottom