September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Sure hope you are okay thru the storm! Will be praying.
My 80 year old cousin lives in Triverton RI.

Get some of those hunter's hand warmers to add to your incubator and brooder in case the power goes off.

I'm a hunter! I've got some. However I don't have an incubator. I have broodys.
263a.png
I do plan on incubating someday though. My hublet and I are preppers. So we have plenty of "survival " items. Besides the basics like a generator,water,candles and oil lamps,dry food,tons of batteries,etc. I've already stocked up the goats and chickens with food and water. But I still plan on doing my checking in on them. I usually do that every few hours as I'm expecting chicks and goats. The kittens were born today. They're in our shed. Thank you much for your continual prayers for everyone! They've actually said that this could be another Sandy.
1f62a.png

Ok so I have 5 out of 6 eggs hatching on day 22 (lost one chick it pipped internally but died still not sure what went wrong)

First pip was at 19:00 last night

First chick hatched at 06:33 this morning (this was the second egg to pip) look at those eyes

Cheering on the other chick hatching

2nd chick to hatch a bit bigger than the first one this was around 08:00 this morning

3 eggs to go they have not pipped yet but are moving

This is the roo they come from

263a.png
I do plan on incubating someday though. My hublet and I are preppers. So we have plenty of "survival " items. Besides the basics like a generator,water,candles and oil lamps,dry food,tons of batteries,etc. I've already stocked up the goats and chickens with food and water. But I still plan on doing my checking in on them. I usually do that every few hours as I'm expecting chicks and goats. The kittens were born today. They're in our shed. Thank you much for your continual prayers for everyone! They've actually said that this could be another Sandy.
1f62a.png

Oh man hang in there I hope the storm just passes through quickly.

263a.png
1f62a.png

Hunter here too! Looks like this storm may go a different direction, but still hoping everyone is safe!!

Ok so I have 5 out of 6 eggs hatching on day 22 (lost one chick it pipped internally but died still not sure what went wrong)

First pip was at 19:00 last night

First chick hatched at 06:33 this morning (this was the second egg to pip) look at those eyes

Cheering on the other chick hatching

2nd chick to hatch a bit bigger than the first one this was around 08:00 this morning

3 eggs to go they have not pipped yet but are moving

This is the roo they come from

Good looking Rooster! And congrats on the babies.
Several of my hatches, the second pip actually hatches first, and I've read others experience that many times too. Continued good luck for the rest!

263a.png
1f62a.png
I will need to pick your brain on some stuff...I am def moving in your direction but have yet to get the time to be as prepared! And I am a crappy canner!

Hunter here too! Looks like this storm may go a different direction, but still hoping everyone is safe!!

Good looking Rooster! And congrats on the babies.
Several of my hatches, the second pip actually hatches first, and I've read others experience that many times too. Continued good luck for the rest!

Still waiting impatiently for the next pip
barnie.gif
, I'm at work my sister sends me updates.

The other two are dry and cuddling up to the other eggs

Still waiting impatiently for the next pip
barnie.gif
, I'm at work my sister sends me updates.

The other two are dry and cuddling up to the other eggs

Beautiful chicks! I love black beaks. Do I see a pip in lightest of the 3 eggs closest to the chicks, right in the middle of the triangle they form?

Back
Top Bottom