September 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I am so excited 3 of the chicks have hatched!! I think I have one splash, black, and a blue. But I could be very wrong. Hopefully more will be hatching over the next couple of days.
Here they are.

this one was still a little wet.

Pulled 30 out of the incubator. Still have 11 in there part of them are still trying to hatch. Giving them thorough tomorrow then tossing them out.

This was a great hatch, but with only 41 out of 72 eggs being fertile I guess not a real batch hatch rate.

Our first hatch at 10:30 last night! We are calling them drunk Brian :D he was walking all over the place and knocking over the other eggs. Still fluffing out right now at 9:30am as others have started to externally pip... One might be in trouble though, it's been stuck at the same spot since last night around 9 so for almost 12 hours. Starting to worry me and its been peeping all morning and not getting anywhere.

Edit; looking like 4 girls 1 boy! Already 5 have hatched after the first one. And 4 more pips! Yay!

Last edited:
I ended up with 15. There are 10 eggs still in the incubator that I'll be tossing - 10 chicks that are fully formed, no yolk left, but not one even pipped the inner membrane. What could have caused them all to quit at that point?

Two hatched at noon. 3 more by 3 PM. I have 9 pips and things seem to be moving slowly. I am trying to ignore them so I won't interfere and possibly cause harm. Last month I lost a dozen after opening bator.

Does anyone else have pipping and hatching going on? I heated and humidified the bathroom and removed the five chicks from the bator. I only lost 4% humidity. The pipped eggs appear to be slowly zipping.

Back
Top Bottom