September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

I think we need to do a roll call by the order they went out and ask recipients what they got, and how they did! I'm seeing some info, but there are a lot that haven't said a thing!!

C'mon, folks! How are your hatches and what did you get???

Quote:
I think that's a great idea! I know I've been keeping track of as much info as I can but I'm sure I missed a ton and would love to hear from everyone.
pop.gif

I don't have any updates on my eggs- I had 14 bantam eggs and when I candled at day 10, twelve of them were developing nicely! Now I just have to sit tight and wait for lockdown
pop.gif

In the meantime though, I'm gonna post pics of my two sweet Mille Fleur D'uccle chicks that just hatched this morning. I got the eggs in the egg train from Fancy Feet. They are so cute and wobbly still!

37923_baby_duccles.jpg

Yay, I've been wanting D'Uccles for a long time. Now I just need porcelains...

Quote:
I have D'uccles that just hatched. They're about 3 days old. I have Mille Fleur, Porcelain, Blue Mottled, Black Mottled, Self Blue, and I just got Lavander eggs today!!

Laurie

I just had a porcelain d'uccle hatch from some ebay eggs!
wee.gif
This is good news, considering my darling child unplugged the hatcher all night!
rant.gif
I have a few other pips that I can see, so hopefully I'll have a good hatch!
fl.gif

My swap eggs aren't due until next week, so I've got a while to wait on those.

Quote:
I have D'uccles that just hatched. They're about 3 days old. I have Mille Fleur, Porcelain, Blue Mottled, Black Mottled, Self Blue, and I just got Lavander eggs today!!

Laurie

You aren't 1234muki are you? She's in TN as well, and has quite an assortment of d'uccles. Do you have silkies too?
hu.gif

Quote:

Laurie

You aren't 1234muki are you? She's in TN as well, and has quite an assortment of d'uccles. Do you have silkies too?
hu.gif

Nope, I'm not Melinda but that's where I got my D'uccles from. I may have gotten the last of her D'uccles for the year today because when I talked to her yesterday she said they've completely slowed down due to the cold.

I have Silkies in the bator. I've so far been able to resist their evilness! LOL

Laurie

Quote:
hu.gif

Nope, I'm not Melinda but that's where I got my D'uccles from. I may have gotten the last of her D'uccles for the year today because when I talked to her yesterday she said they've completely slowed down due to the cold.

I have Silkies in the bator. I've so far been able to resist their evilness! LOL

Laurie

Ah, okay, it was just too much of a similarity, and I couldn't remember what her name was!
lau.gif
That's who I got my little porcelain baby that just hatched from, and I've got some millies and black mottleds in the hatcher as well from her. She sent a few blue mottleds, but they didn't make it
sad.png

ETA: Personally I think the d'uccles are even more evil than silkies are, I just love those sweet little birds! My few silkies are kind of spazzy, of course I'm sure that is thanks to my son. He won't leave anything alone
rant.gif

Last edited:
Well the D'uccles have stolen hubby's heart. He's been over to the brooder for 2 days baby talking to them. LOL

I have to get pics of my swap chickies that are hatching. I don't have a clue of what they are. They're still in the bator and we're locked down tightly. All I know is that they're cute!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom