September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

Quote:
Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear they are a hatching!! How are the others doing? Sending good hatching vibes your way!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Quote:
Please don't give up hope!! We had a power outage for 18 hours in April and it was pretty cold. All my eggs hatched but 2. So crank it back up and try to salvage those eggs!

Laurie

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

They're still in the 'bator and I didn't give up on them. They're not due to hatch till the 15th, so at least it didn't happen during lockdown or the first week when they're the most vulnerable.

I am going to give them a shot and we'll see what happens
fl.gif
:fl:fl

You guys made me feel better. I was really depressed this morning, because after the episode with the eggs I woke up to find one of my Hamburg chicks had died at 2 weeks old....for no apparent reason. So sad, such a tiny cute little thing.

So thanks everybody for cheering me up about the eggs, I feel a little better at least
hugs.gif
I'll keep you updated

Sheesh, lot going on while I was gone huh? Sorry, my moms computer broke and she has had mine all this time. What I got is 6 OEGB's and one Dark Cornish Bantam egg. out of the 6 eggs, 2 are going good, 1 appeared to start but when I had checked it was way behind the other 2 and there was no movement at all, and 3 were clear. The dark cornish egg appears to be still going good but it has a totally detached air bubble, so hopefully the chick can pip all right. I had a peacock with a bad bubble ant it managed to drown itself during hatch cause the air cell was in the wrong place. Keeping my fingers crossed for a few babes
fl.gif

Well I had, (so far) 5 of my swap eggs hatch. I had to cull one of them. I hate, hate, hate, when I have to do that. One of the sweet babies was born with its intestines outside its body.

Last night I thought it was remnants of its yolk sac but then I noticed that it was bloody. I removed it from the incubator and sure enough, it was the baby's intestines. Poor baby.

The other 4 are doing great and I'm going to have to take them out of the incubator quickly because I still have eggs in there hatching. As soon as I get them out, I'll take pictures. I think I have it figured out what they are but I'll wait until I take pics and show you guys and see what you think.

Laurie

my swap eggs aren't due until next week...the waiting.....

But I do have some stuff hatching...so it will keep me busy

They are all out, 6littlechickies was the last to receive some. I don't know what happened to her swap partner, she just dropped off the face of the earth apparently. But it's all straightened out now, thanks to TennesseeTruly
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear they are a hatching!! How are the others doing? Sending good hatching vibes your way!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Nothing else piped yet but they are suppose to hatch tomorrow, Guess 1 wanted to be first!!
lau.gif

Oh, tofuranch was saying something about not getting eggs till next week and I had no clue what was going on. That's what happens when I am out of the running for a while
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom