September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

I got my favorite Silkie from 1234muki!
23598_misc_123.jpg

I was one of the last to get my eggs-I got 4 duck and 6 tiny EE eggs. I candled last night and I have 2 definite duck babies and 2 definite EEs-the other EEs are too dark-shelled to see well!
fl.gif

My eggs are here, my eggs are here!!! YAY!
wee.gif
ya.gif
what a great day, my eggs arrived and one of my duck eggs hatched a day early!
love.gif

Tennessee sent me 9 gorgeous black mottled cochin bantam eggs. They all arrived safely and are currently settling before going in the bator. I have to say, some of the best packing I've seen and my 4 yo DS is currently occupied with the extra foam pieces and top square. So, not only am I thrilled, he's entertained which is always a good day in my book!
thumbsup.gif
I think I've found our entertain for sissy's soccer game tonight!
wink.png

31148_img_02971.jpg

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! I'm glad you got your eggs and they made it there safe and sound!! And you read your instructions!!! ROFL!! I probably sounded like an idiot but I didn't want you to lose any of them.

Oh I hope you have a GREAT hatch!!!! HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS

In my bator I have 5 little ones from my swap that hatched so far, plus I have 2 bantam Ameracaunas and one Mottled Cochin. Come on babies, hatch hatch hatch!!

Laurie

Quote:
I actually LOVE your packing, where ever did you find those handy foam sleeves? those are great!
DH stopped home at lunch and when i told himwhat they were he was quite excited (LOL) apparently he's been eyeing cochin bantams for a while--news to me!
th.gif
SO, he is now very excited to hatch these out. What's really funny is that if I put them in later today they will hatch on his birthday (Oct 27). SO, without knowing you have given practically my entire family joy!
wee.gif
My other DS is only 2 so he was thrilled just to see the eggs and proclaimed 'EGGS!' for the first time! what a sweetie!
love.gif
DD isn't home from school yet but she loves bantams of any kind and actually asked me today if the eggs you were sending would be bantams! I swear, that kid has the best of of any I know!
gig.gif

Bad news....my incubator failed when I wasn't home yesterday and my eggs cooled for 8 hours before I realized and could get the eggs into another bator.

I think my september egg swap hatch is ruined. I'm holding out hope for a miracle baby but I don't think there's much chance for that.
Has anybody ever had chicks hatch after that long of a cooling? Is it possible?

On the bright side, the D'Uccle eggs I had are already hatched and my september egg swap eggs were the ONLY eggs I had in that incubator. If this had happened a week ago I would have lost about 40 eggs including BCMs and Olive eggers.

Anyway, whoever my swap buddy is, I am so sad I lost your eggs because they were doing so wonderfully.
hit.gif
th.gif

Sorry to hear that Bananas ..

I do have my first pip on my Silver Laced Wyandotte.. I sure hope my hatch goes ok I opened the bator my brody was out off of her eggs and I had to put hers in with the rest...
fl.gif

Quote:
I had a broody hen get off her nest this spring. She had been off long enough for the eggs to get stone cold..at least 6 hours when I decided to try them in the incubator. 14 out of 20 eggs hatched!!! So don't give up just yet. All things ARE possible.

Back
Top Bottom