***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Quote:
oh no i'm so sorry for you. hope the others make it.
hugs.gif

I have an egg that pipped!
yippiechickie.gif
I believe it's a blue orpington, but I'm also hatching FBCMs. They're supposed to hatch today through tomorrow.

I'm still hanging onto the eggs that were supposed to hatch last Tuesday.
idunno.gif
I'll probably remove them once the chicks come out of these.
caf.gif

Tomorrow (Saturday 9/4) is lockdown for the bantam cochin eggs. Then it will be lockdown for the lavender orp eggs on Monday. I am putting together a brooder coop on the back porch so I can get the 3 & 4 week old chicks out of the Nursery (my bathroom) Brooder in preparation for the newest hatchlings I HOPE will come out of these two separate clutches next week.

Oh, and as a side note, I have a lame hen in the bathroom too, so she can eat/drink and rest up, hopefully heal whatever is wrong with her left leg. She may become a house chicken..... never thought I'd do that, but if she can't run with the rest of the flock outside, I'm still gonna keep her. Right now she uses her left wing as a crutch to get up and stand on the other leg. She is still laying an egg a day, but isn't moving from her makeshift "nest."

She's been listening to the chicks in the brooder. Every now and then she clucks and the chicks go dead silent. Hehehehehehehe. I wish she was a broody, so the hatchlings would have a real mommy.

Quote:
oh no i'm so sorry for you. hope the others make it.
hugs.gif

Thanks, I hope they do to. We shall see who's still hanging on when I candle Saturday night!
fl.gif

Just put in my second try of eggs in. These are from my girls so just more barnyard mixes. I don't really need more chickens but thats never stopped me before. The maran mix eggs I set earlier that I got from a friend are not looking like anything is happening although its hard to tell and I will wait till they either stink or a couple days after their due date of the 11th. So out of 27 eggs now I am hoping and praying for my first hatch I get 10 chicks. Considering 18 of them are not looking like they have done anything in the last 13, these new eggs will have to hatch 100+% sigh lol

Anywho I guess they should be here sometime around the 24th. I'll have baby chickies for my Bday. YAY I hope these eggs do better than the last ones.

Well, I lost my rooster on August 15 .. so I gathered the freshest eggs (6) and put them in the bator on the 17th or 18th .. eeeekkkk... I can't remember.

That would make lockdown this weekend with hatch dates of 7th or 8th.

I know we have chicks developing .. the temps have been a little wonky .. (still air bator) .. and my turner is froze up, so I've been hand turning ... so I'm hopeful but not confident.

These will be Salmon Fav x EE and Salmon Fav x Olive-egger babies .... (They should be little monsters if they hatch ..hehe)

I guess I'm in.

Last edited:
I candled and had movers on Monday. My hatch day should of been Wednesday. My humidity has stayed up. I have had no pips yet and no egg movement.
roll.png
Should I try to do an egg breakout or how long should I wait to do anything?

Quote:
OKAY - YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT YOUr 7 BANTAM BUFF ORPINTON EGGS FROM!!!!
wee.gif
th.gif

HI i got my bantam buff orpingtons from a lady in ouyen victoria australia. Got some exciting news its only day 19 and i already have 3 bantam buff orpingtons hatch and 1 silkie hatch. Antoher orp egg has piped so it may hatch later on tonight. Heres a picture of the 2 bantam buff orpingtons.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/GoldenOwner12/silkie bantams/IMGP1169.jpg

Wow - They sure hatched quick!
ep.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom