***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

It is kinda up in the air. I started the guinea eggs on the 27th, but they were taken from a clutch of eggs that consisted of 37 eggs and was laid by only a couple hens. He estimates the hen sat for a week. I didn't factor that into consideration when I said they were set on the 27th. I started as if day 1 even though it really wasn't. The last time I candled them it looked like the babies filled up 2/3 of the egg.I have never hatched guineas so I have no idea how far along that makes them. I can't believe I made a mistake like that.

EdistoChicks:
fl.gif
Finger's Crossed!
fl.gif

Edisto Chicks, good luck...I love guineas..had them growing up, but don't have any now. They are so cool. I can't wait to see them when they hatch out.

I thought that my only Ameracauna hen dissapeared (our chickens free range on 12 acres) 2 1/2 weeks ago. Saturday I found her sitting on a nest of 14 eggs in the woods! I moved her and the eggs last night into a pen in the barn since we were having such terrible rain, I candled them and they all appear to be growing! They are all dark with just the air sack in the big end. they could be due in the next few days! I cant wait! Mommy is a blue wheaton ameracauna and daddy is a silver laced cochin (it was an unplanned marriage)! I cant wait to see them! Its been so long since I had babies!

Back
Top Bottom