***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

Beth G. :

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
AWE!
Are they Black/Lavender/Blue Orps?
droolin.gif

Hello, I am the one who sold her the eggs. They are Lav orps. The black one carries the Lav gene
wink.png
I am soo excited for her and this hatch!

I'm still waiting for the last one to hatch.​

10 little silkies move to the brooder, number 11 just arrived and 12 on the way!

Just hatched, in the cat box en route to the brooder, and in the brooder

51400_103_3533.jpg
51400_103_3544.jpg
51400_103_3553.jpg

Count me in again
smile.png
I will be in the October hatch along. I just set 31 BBS Orpington eggs into 2 bators. My Octo 20 only fit 23, eggs. The rest are in the old borrowed hovabator that is looking more and more doubtful that it will be returned.
wink.png
I am hoping to have a good hatch. The eggs were shipped but gorgeous! They are such huge sized eggs, some look like they could be double yolkers. My kids and I am now thrilled and tuned into EGG TV. Does anyone with a hovabator know what kind of hygrometer would fit in there? The one I have now is too large. I guess I will keep checking the moisture troughs and hope for the best!

Quote:
lol.png
I always put a stuffed 'mama' in the brooder. Some breeds LOVE her [like B-Ameraucana]
love.gif
, some don't seem to care. My very first hatched clutch fell in love with the blue bird on the thermometer!
gig.gif

I need help! I just set 31 eggs today. They were sent in a box with one egg that cracked. It oozed all over the other eggs. I never realized they were goopy until I put them in the bator and the egg goo is starting to dry up. Is this dangerous? Should I have washed the eggs? Should I wash them now? Wow, with each hatch I learn so much!

Quote:
What color silkies are you expecting? Who did you get them from?

Hi, I have silkie eggs from cjexotics and Bobbi Porto. I have all colors of babies expected including some split lavs. I think there is also a chance that I could get some white showgirls from the cjexotics eggs. I believe there is a white showgirl in thier white silkie pen. I'm not really sure what I would do with a showgirl LOL!
The hard part (assuming that alot actually hatch lol) will be keeping them separated. I want to keep the babies from each seller separated until I can mark them somehow. I have two bators, so normally it would be easy but this time one is full of the silkie eggs and the other has marans eggs from my own marans, the marans eggs were actually set a few day after the silkie eggs.

Last edited:
Quote:
Some of mine had a little bear as a companion. I have a roo who when he was little had a foot problem and had to be separted from the others. Boy did he get attatched to that bear! Later, when I gave him another chick they fought over the bear. They would peck each other and try to push one another out of the bear's lap. It was really funny.

EdistoChicks ~ Some of my eggs were seeping goop early in the hatch. I got them out no problem. At some point, when I was candling the others, I put one egg back in the turner, where there was some old goop. That egg got stuck and there was no way to get it out without breaking the egg. Next time I will not be so haphazard with my eggs!

Day 20........waiting .....waiting...........

Back
Top Bottom