September Hatch-a-long!

Pics
I have a few naughty ones hatching early right now! Didn't even get the turner out yet. But they're strong and healthy. Good to see I'm not the only one with fall baby fever

Attachments

• 20180930_145937.jpg
    20180930_145937.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 9
I have a few naughty ones hatching early right now! Didn't even get the turner out yet. But they're strong and healthy. Good to see I'm not the only one with fall baby fever
Congrats! No, you are not the only one, lol. There is an October hatch-along thread, and my Incubators Anonymous thread for September is still active with October batches. And I have another dozen eggs coming sometime in the next week or two.

I was trying SO hard to talk myself into putting the incubator away..... ok so full disclosure the quail that are due around oct 10th are for a friend.
But I may Need to see what will hatch from my dorking Nn bunch.

I want to see what those will look like too. I might want some of those! :drool

Here's my Breese babies (the white ones) compared to my tiny quail babies lol. These quail are for a friend as well, I'm done with quail. Replacing mine with Serama, if I can get the little buggers to hatch that is

Nice! It's starting to thunder here now, so I have to start keeping a close eye on the incubator in case the electric goes out.

Nice! It's starting to thunder here now, so I have to start keeping a close eye on the incubator in case the electric goes out.
When I've had power go out, I put socks full of rice in the incubator to keep the temp up. Id fill 2 socks with uncooked rice and microwave one for like 1min and put it in. When the temp started droppling I'd swap it for the other one. I put my winter coat on the incubator for insulation too .Pain in the butt, works though!

Back
Top Bottom