Serama Chicks and Adults - Free to Upstate SC residents

sad.png
i wish i lived in sc or nc

i bought 2 seramas and they ended up being roos

i have bad luck with the chicks sex

Last edited:
Hey Luann ~ just wanted to make sure you got my PM. No rush, just want to make sure I actually sent it through! hehe

I got a PM - not sure if it is the one you are referring to. A fellow came from NC. We had a great visit and he left with a trio and a pair. Perhaps he is closer to you and could help me pass some birds to you - I will look into that. I am delighted to get some Serama to you - got an e-mail from Ron tonight. I met him once at the farmers market in Asheville to swap birds - is that close for you?

I'd be more than happy to get some Serama to Asher. I'm not exactly sure where she's at, but if memory serves me correctly I do think she's relatively close to me.

Thanks for the birds. They are safe and sound in my shop for tonight.

Like I told ya my youngest son already wants me to bring him down to see if you'll let him pick out a pair for him... Told you he was like me.
lol.png

Are you close to brunswick county , holding beach area.My mom lives there and she is coming up next week .So Are you close to brunswick county , holding beach area.My mom lives there and she is coming up next week ,So maybe she might be able to swing by. If it is not far.Also we are planning to go to the beach next month so maybe then.Thanks

I sure wish you or Frank lived closer to me or that someone could arrange a chicken train so to speak. I have done it in the past with a rescued rabbit. But not sure how to start on for chickens. But I would love to have a couple of adult birds. I have a few chicks but so far all are girls. I have one new baby I am hoping is a boy. I usually have the opposite problem. My one white one is from your lines Luann. Frank says it is worth it's weight in gold, but considering how tiny it is, I guess that is not as much as it sounds, lol.

Marie

I just moved back to Columbia, SC (I grew up on a farm in Upstate SC. . .Woodruff to be exact) and I'm currently living in pseudo-suburbia (in suburbia but outside the city limits so chickens are technically ok. . .but I don't want to bother the neighbors). I'll be finished with my medical training in about 2 years but I'm itching to get back into raising animals and can't stand the wait.

How are the seramas as backyard/city birds? I like that they are small and from what I've heard the roosters tend to be quieter than other birds (have you found that to be true?) I've just picked up a couple of Silkie pullets and 4 Coturnix quail for my enjoyment and I'm interested in adding a few more birds if possible (I have a pretty small fenced yard, wooded in the rear but still have houses all around)

I found a guy here in Columbia who says he's got some young serama for sale ($10 each or $15 per pair) and I'm thinking about getting a trio.

Any comments or tips?

Thanks,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom