SERAMA CLUB- All Welcome!

What are your seramas like?

• Total voters
I took my little rooster out to get some fresh air and sun, it was 64 F and he was shaking a lot. So his outing was a short visit outdoors.
Was he shaking because of the temp.?
Hi! I am a Serama exhibitor, who occasionally breeds. I have 1 trio of Exchequer Seramas, the rooster is koi. They live with a flock of all different breeds and varieties of chickens.

View attachment 2533512View attachment 2533513
View attachment 2533514
Wow I love the colouring!

More Serama pictures, I took a few minutes ago. Also, I have their parent's pictures!
IMG_9734.jpg
IMG_9736.jpg
IMG_9735.jpg
IMG_9728.jpg

Hmmm...I’m going to have to think about putting them in the garage or my parent little cottage with some heat source. 🤔
Do give them a run though, they love foraging. I'd suggest giving them the choice and they will decide if they want to be in the warm.

It has been between 19 at night to 40s in the day. It is generally in the teens only one night in a row and most days when it does get cold at night it is in the 30-40s in the day. That being said, this past week has been a bit colder during the day. I keep my 2 pairs of seramas in cages in the barn that has LOTS of ventilation (door partly open to allow other critters access to barn). So the temps in there are only slightly warmer than outside although they don't have to deal with wind blowing to much. They have straw in their cage right now and seem to be doing perfectly fine.
I just have to watch their water and unfreeze it several times a day. The other chickens and ducks that have a large open pen and access to the barn, coop and several shelters have two heated water sources along with their normal water supplies.

Back
Top Bottom