Serama Color?

Not sure why she's so pale. She seems healthy but I've never had a layer that was so pale. Maybe she'll become more red with time. She actually started laying the day before yesterday, then skipped a day, and laid again today.

Just wanted to say, your little Marionette is precious! She looks a great deal like my Della, a little pullet of similar age. Della has quite a pale comb but also hasn't begun laying yet. I'm really excited to find her first egg some day. :)

Just wanted to say, your little Marionette is precious! She looks a great deal like my Della, a little pullet of similar age. Della has quite a pale comb but also hasn't begun laying yet. I'm really excited to find her first egg some day. :)
Thank you so much! I'd love to see a picture of your Della. I was shocked to see that Marionette had laid to be honest. I wasn't expecting it this soon, but i knew it was going to be in the near future. She makes me laugh every single time that she squats! She's just so tiny but squats like LF hen and is totally serious about it. Seramas are just the cutest little characters ever! I need more.

Wow! This means that she started laying at just over 20 weeks old! Obviously she's my first and only Serama but initially i wasn't expecting her to lay until she was 8 or 9 months old for some reason. This isn't based on anything other than just my own thoughts about tiny birds and large birds being late to start laying.

I hope so. I love this breed so much. Do you have Seramas?
I did try to hatch Serama eggs twice this year but they all failed. So I thought I'll give it a go one more time before the year ends. Since there eggs seemed harder to hatch due to there sensitive nature. I bought 18 egg from a lady in Florida. It was delivered on time. So I let them rest for 24 hours then placed them in the incubator to rest for 2 days before turning. I had 6 infertile. 5 quitter, and 7 hatched. This picture was day 2 of there hatch. They are 3 weeks old now. Haven't taken 3 week pictures yet.

P1010268.JPG
P1010275.JPG
P1010243.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom