Serama eggs

Looking to buy foams for serama eggs. Are they closer to button quail or standard quail size? I know they're smaller than regular bantam eggs
My serama average 11 ounces (micro and class A); their eggs are about 1/3 to 1/2 again as big as cortunix quail eggs. I have used my serama to hatch cortunix successfully. Button eggs are way smaller.

Foam for shipping? I just got my first pairs of Seramas, and I must say for their size, the eggs are pretty large. Much larger than a button quail egg, and larger than Cortunix also. I'd go with regular bantam egg foam for shipping...

Serama bantams lay a large egg for their size which causes problems in raising them. I monitor my hens closely as there's always a possibility of egg binding. Thankfully I have only lost one hen to binding in the six/seven years I've been raising them. Unlike other breeds that can brood 12 to 15 eggs easily, small serama are only able 4-7 of their own eggs.

I agree with the above post. My Phoenix bantam eggs are the same size as the serama and Phoenix are quite a bit larger in size.

@ColtHandorf & @nchls school, you have been added to my list!
evillaugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom