Serama Hatching

TerrasCritters

In a new coop
12 Years
Oct 24, 2007
I am told a few different times that Serama's are different to incubate and hatch then other chickens.

Can someone please tell me how to hatch Serama's?

Here is another message I got about hatching, which is making me more interested in finding out how, because a friend has some serama's but I don't think she has had much success hatching them.

"Does any one know the best temp to hatch Serama eggs? Someone told me they are at 1/2 degrees hotter and only take 19 days, because they are still jungle fowl."

Thanks for any help...

they are hard to hatch and one little thing can cause them to die, ie dirty incubator, temp to hi to low. not turning properly, egg shells are sometime to thick/thin.

ok you asked on temp/days

19 days is about right +- 12 hours

99.5 -100 degrees works for me.

and i do around 60% humd.

but things may vary slighty depending on your hatcher, a chicken always works great..and most of the time hatches as good or better than any incubator...

i am using a 1502 ghf incubator, they do everything , put them in and forget until 17th day..

frank
fat cat farms

I have had GREAT hatch rates with Seramas and do the same as Frank (some were even his eggs
tongue.png
),, we have a sportsman 1502, the only thing differant I do is bring up my humidity to 70 when they go into the bottom "brooder"
we have been averaging 90 to 95% hatches.. but the bator does all of the work
tongue.png

Denna

nick--- is right ,i also add a pad to the pan on the last few days. i forget things from time to time. i have high hatch rates in the sportman 1502 but who has 500-600.00 for a incubator setup? i about got skinned by my wife for buying it. but it is unreal......great!!!!

frank

Frank,

Haven't you figured out how those expensive tool and hobby item purchases work? Possible responses to spouse (male or female) would be something like:

"I bought it used even though it looks practically new."
"I won it in a raffle or contest."
"It was a major award." (like in the Christmas Story Movie)
"It bought it from a little retired fellow I just met at the feed store. He had it on the back of his pickup truck.... He begged me to take it off his hands...He said he had medical bills to pay and it's almost Christmas for the orphans he's raising..."

If the volatile purchase is pre-meditated, then make plans to have it shipped to a trusted friend's house or your place of business (assuming you're not self employed). However, once you've undertaken this level of deception you have to continue the tangled web and hide the item until it no longer has that new look.
wink.png
Of course, I'm just speculating about all of this.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damages resulting from the use of the explanations detailed above.
smile.png

Frank and Donald, you two are very funny!!! What you don't know is that wives have ways of detecting if you're telling the truth (the whole truth) just by looking at you!!! For instance, with my husband, it's the flaring nostrils if he even thinks of telling me a "non-truth"!! Oh, he tries really hard to suppress it, but there's that telltale quiver. . . Sometimes we let you think that you have gotten away with it, just because we don't feel like fighting that particular battle, but we ALWAYS know!!!!

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!!!

Lori

Back
Top Bottom