Serama Rooster is hoarse.

I would look around at conditions, such as if things are wet and if there is any moldy bedding, and if there is plenty of air circulation. Dust, mold, poor air circulation, and hot temperatures inside of coops can lead to respiratory infections. If he is growing up, he may be having some change in his voice. Signs of a respiratory infection can be coughing, sneezing, wheezing or chest rattles, drainage from the eyes or nostrils.

Thank you very much for your reply! We live in a hot place but this last week was extremely hot... I wil continue to check his condition and see if there is anything different. He has been drinking, eating and acting normal. Once again thank you for your reply.

I would look around at conditions, such as if things are wet and if there is any moldy bedding, and if there is plenty of air circulation. Dust, mold, poor air circulation, and hot temperatures inside of coops can lead to respiratory infections. If he is growing up, he may be having some change in his voice. Signs of a respiratory infection can be coughing, sneezing, wheezing or chest rattles, drainage from the eyes or nostrils.

This rooster was sick a couple month ago with something I’ve never seen before. I treated him with antibiotics and vitamins for about 3 week after that he recovered 100%
4 days ago I noticed that he was not able to crow, I mean he does crow but no sound. Absolutely no other symptoms noticeable at this point.
Really don’t want to lose this little rooster. Thanks!

Respiratory diseases in chickens can be chronic, and can come back if they become stressed, such as during molt or cold weather. Tylan 50 injectable, an antibiotic sold at feed stores, given orally to small birds, and tetracyclines can be used to treat some diseases, such as mycoplasma (MG.) Tylan 50 dosage is 0.2 ml per pound trhee times daily, or 0.3 ml per pound twice a day, for 3 to 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom