Hoarse Chicken

MadelineintheMountains

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2023
Hi!

I've been looking through old threads hoping to answer my question with no luck. So I'm posting a new thread.
I have a flock of 5 pullets all around 8 weeks old. About 3 of them are sounding hoarse. No obvious wheezing or breathing issues. Just their voices are sounding hoarse. I thought maybe their voices were changing but realized it's probably too early for that. I've been spraying some VetRx and putting it under their wings at night for a few days. No changes one way or another. We live in a dry climate though their coop tends to be on the dustier side but I try to keep the dust at a minimum. We do have some general antibiotics on hand if needed. But wanted to see if anyone has had this experience? They are eating, drinking, and speeding around and jumping on stuff as usual. Just want to make sure I do something if need be.

Last edited:
Yes, chickens have their own different voices! Some have deeper and lighter voices. The Cuckoo Maran has a deeper voice making her seem hoarse. Nothing to worry about, as Tookie said! 😊 💚

Back
Top Bottom