serama rooster with bluish comb

when I was listening to the chicken whisper show today they talked of deficiency. they said blue comb can be related to the B1 deficiency. I would defiantly give the vitamin a try. seems like the other possibilities are ruled out. it sure wouldn't hurt to try it. we've went through every other scenario and I really think it could be the B1 deficiency. I know of a great B vitamin water soluble vitamin called Vita Pro B. you can get it from first state vet supply. I use it on my birds and I think it could really help. surely it won't hurt to try and see if the B vitamin deficiency is giving the issue. I hope this helps. it seems the most reasonable cause. I've searched and searched and the B¹ deficiency seems most reasonable
. keep us posted and please let me know if this does the trick. your in my thoughts. hope he recovers soon.

Thanks, so much for your help and good thoughts. My chickens are so important to me, and such a huge focus, I'm sure with such good helpl, I'll get this licked!

I was just re - reading through (I try to help on several threads and sometimes get them mixed up), I realized that I hadn't mentioned using vet rx in the water. it naturally opens their respiratory system and allows more oxygen in. you can also use this under the wings if he is putting his head there. if you don't have that handy, you might try a very little bit of peppermint oil or leaves mixed with water in a separate dish.

I really want you to save this rooster, I too will be heartbroken if he doesn't make it. but, it is part of farming, we do our best but sometimes we just cant figure it out. lets face it we cant make them, or ourselves any younger. if we figure that out we might be able to save em all.

let me know of any changes, I check my email several times a day, use it if you need to.

brian

Brian,
I haven't tried that, but I will. Chickens don't ask for much, and their lives are so fragile. I've lost a few, not from disease, but from circumstance.
This little rooster stands for a lot, and I do hope so much that he will be o.k.
I appreciate your help so much, and will be in touch.

when I was listening to the chicken whisper show today they talked of deficiency. they said blue comb can be related to the B1 deficiency. I would defiantly give the vitamin a try. seems like the other possibilities are ruled out. it sure wouldn't hurt to try it. we've went through every other scenario and I really think it could be the B1 deficiency. I know of a great B vitamin water soluble vitamin called Vita Pro B. you can get it from first state vet supply. I use it on my birds and I think it could really help. surely it won't hurt to try and see if the B vitamin deficiency is giving the issue. I hope this helps. it seems the most reasonable cause. I've searched and searched and the B¹ deficiency seems most reasonable
. keep us posted and please let me know if this does the trick. your in my thoughts. hope he recovers soon.
this is a good point too. if you cant find the vita pro b. I think brewers yeast will work fine, its a good b vitamins but not b12. I have never worked with this, but its in my list of notes for problems and cures. (I did just look it up to make sure LOL) the vita pro would probably be better in long term treatments if you can find it.

Last edited:
My Roo got better and is fighting fit.
I had a two frizzle hens with blue combs and around their heads that didn't make it though. Seems to be heart or lung defects, blood oxygen deprivation
I am happy to hear he made it, I am so sorry about your frizzles. I had 2 frizzles but they were rehomed. We kept my PLUM our other Serama that died this weekend.

Can you look at my post and tell me if your roos combs looked like mine did before he died. It really has be bothered he died. If it was old age or heart defect then ok it is what it is but if it was bird management issues then I would like to know. I cant tell the difference between a black, purple or blue comb. I know 100% its not frost bite I live in northern Cali and its 50-65 degrees here.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-the-images-and-tell-me-possibly-how.1614368/

Back
Top Bottom