Serama - what's your unusual color?

Josh44,
I started a thread for chocolate Serama breeders, if your friend is on BYC's he's more than welcome to share some photo's and experiences with the color. I have only a hen and would love a rooster for her. Right now, I'm hoping my little black chick is a cockerel. He is either out of my chocolate hen Truffles or my black hen, Bugsy. Either way, a better color for her than her present mate, T-Roo who is wheaten. My goal is more solid chocolates. Do you have any photo's of your friends chocolates? I love to hear from him, if he isn't on BYC, he can email me at [email protected].

Here is Truffles, only unusual because chocolates in Serama's are not usually solid.

8809_newgirls01march2011_05.jpg

Here is my blue wheaten rooster, Blu-T. I had Truffles with him but she did not seem to like him at all, lol. SO I put her in with T-Roo who is a C size (Blu is a B) and she is in love. Oh well, I think he's pretty. I took this one when he was almost 10 months old

8809_blu_01march2011_01.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, you guys want to see unusual color???

I crossed these two.
34472_jp3_002.jpg

34472_jp3_003.jpg

I got one pure white out of each batch hatched. He is 7 weeks old and there is no other colored feather on him, I gave away his older brother (still all white feathers at 4 months old) to my uncle.
34472_jp3_06_08_11_002.jpg

34472_jp5_008.jpg

My question is will he stay white???

Great thread.. I don't have a lot of interesting pics, but I had a black "spangled" pullet when I got her at 3 months, and now she's pretty much a black with gold neck feathers... I"m not sure if I can call a pullets neck feathers "hackles" or not....LOL. But anyways, I won't post pics of her right now, 'cause she's in a very scruffy molting phase... and it would embarrass her for sure... My other two, you all have seen plenty of times on other threads, a white mottled roo, and a silver duckwing pullet... in my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom