Serama with swollen/irritated eye

Today the Valbazen arrived and I started treatment on his eye. From past post on here as a guide, I mixed equal parts with water and put a few drops in each eye. Then I gave him .25cc orally,undiluted. I will retreat in 10 days. Hope this works!

I know it's only been a few days but can anyone tell me if that's an eye worm in seeing or puss? I've tried to gently move it around but whatever it is, it's on there good. Any advice? I

Here's an update incase someone can help. His eye hasn't gotten any better. He eats and drinks like normal. It does seem to bother him as he blinks a lot. Any other ideas of what this can be and how it can be treated? What can I use to wipe his eye to see if it's puss? Or is there another way to remove this puss looking thing?
Thanks in advance

I would try to remove any puss that is visible with a manicure tool or tweezers, and flush the eye with saline, and also apply an antibiotic ointment to the eye. Can you call your state vet or local department of agriculture agent to ask about getting him tested for MG and coryza?

I would try to remove any puss that is visible with a manicure tool or tweezers, and flush the eye with saline, and also apply an antibiotic ointment to the eye. Can you call your state vet or local department of agriculture agent to ask about getting him tested for MG and coryza?
I would have to do some research of where to call , but I will try to have him tested. Isn't MG or coryza treated with Tylan? Also how would I be able to tell if what I see is puss or if it's part of his eye? I've posted a picture of what it looks like. I don't want to poke at something that's suppose to be there.

So today I grabbed my wife's tweezers and removed what I thought was puss from his eye. It looked like a a layer of white jello. Let's see if he starts healing now. What worries me is that the other eye is also showing the start of the same thing.

Puss is back. Vet advised that I should put him down. Couldn't really tell me what is wrong with him. Starting on baytril again, flushing eyes and applying neoprene. Any other ideas? Really don't want to put him down but I'm not sure I'm winning this battle.

Hi I am having the same problem, what we are doing.. is using saline solution 3 x's a day, and the vet said it was viral so we are giving her antibiotics . it is very contagious so we are separating the pullets that have it from the others. We are also making sure they have plenty of water and in that water we are using a electrolyte powder We are in Florida as well and it is in the 90's.
Let me know how it is going in homestead.!
Kathi, Winter Haven

Hi I am having the same problem, what we are doing.. is using saline solution  3 x's a day, and the vet said it was viral so we are giving her antibiotics . it is very contagious so we are separating the pullets that have it from the others. We are also making sure they have plenty of water and in that water we are using a electrolyte powder We are in Florida as well and it is in the 90's.
Let me know how it is going in homestead.!
Kathi, Winter Haven

Hey Kathi, thank you so much for your response. Kathi if you don't mind telling me, what did your vet prescribe? I've been giving him baytril and hasn't done anything for him. I do flush his eye out with the saline water but I'm only able to do it once a day. I also have given him the powder in his water. Someone suggested it might be eye worm so treated for that with no results. I really don't know what else to do.

Back
Top Bottom