Seramas

andrea98

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
in my barnyard....ohio
Hi I am not sure if I'm in the right place or not , but I was wondering
How much a trio of seramas is a good price? I'm not looking for show quality buy any
means.. I'm in Ohio ,west central,

Last edited:
I think you mean Serama?

I sold some nice pullets for $40 each. I'd sell the pairs for $60
smile.png
I shipped them out. I no longer have Seramas even though they are one of my fav breeds
smile.png

Tammie

are you aware of the scna website they have a list of breeders I think there are a couple out your way it seems like the BYC member pearly sue is out your way HTH the website is in my siggy

Well the price depends on a few things
1.There Class (size)
2.There Type
3.There Color

Now color isn't all that important in this breed but if you are looking for a specific color, say white, it will cost more.
If you are getting them for breeding I wouldn't go any smaller then a class B, mainly because class A's can have fertility issues

If you check your local craigslist periodically, you might find some on there. I would say $8-$10 for chicks, and $20 each for older birds. But, if you don't plan on showing them, you might just rather get some mille fleur d'uccle chicks from a hatchery. They are just as small (one of ours is even tinier than most seramas), and very sweet. As for the best pets, hands down I would pick modern game bantams (even the boys - and they're even smaller in weight than seramas) or d'uccles. You can get them for $3 each from a hatchery. They are quite fragile as chicks though, so if you want 3 to get to adulthood, and are not that experienced with chickens, I would say get at least 15 chicks. Best bet would be to get a trio of adult birds though. A trio of modern games or d'uccles will usually only cost around $30 (for all 3), so they are cheaper than seramas and also just as tiny (if not tinier). I'm not saying not to get seramas, but just that they are a bit overpriced currently due to being a newer breed. There's nothing wrong w/ paying more for them though. In a way, the high price might cause people to take better care of them (since they're not just $3 like other breeds).

I had also considered millies .. I think they are verrrry pretty
love.gif
but wasn't sure if their size . The coop size I have will not be large enuf for a trio of large breed . I currently have bantam Cochins
love.gif
them too
smile.png

Well a Millie weighs between 20-26 ounces and a Serama can ranger from 9 to 20+ ounces. Both breed are nice, friendly and fairly easy to come by. If you want show quality you will need to pay show quality price, but if you just want them for pets then its much cheaper.

Quote:
I am at Washington Court House, OH and once we sort out the show quality birds the ones that are left we rehome for free.

My number is (740) 333-5080

Will not have anything until this fall.

Back
Top Bottom