serious coop issues (Pictures are up page 2)

wink.png
Get a bag of ice melt or rock salt (probably safer for the chooks) and spread it all over the ice on the roof. Should be melted off in a couple hours.

Hi Kerry,

I built the door out of a sheet of OSB, (not the ideal choice but it was free,) 1X4 furring strips and hardware cloth. Cut the chicken and the egg shape (note the theme?) with a saber saw, layed in the hardware cloth and then covered the back with 1/4" plywood with the same shape cut out.

Wayne

Wayne I gotta second you on the posts. Looking at the pictures posted it could have been done. And I gotta say your door is cool. Do you have a byc page with your coop on it. I like the wire arbor style. I'd like to look at it some more and see if it's a viable option for someone with dogs.

L&Schickens :

The roof fell in this morning and the "Safe" coop is now seriously bowed.
I am hating this winter!!!!!!!!!!!
somad.gif

You need to brace that roof. Don't say you can't, you absolutely can. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to hold. If you don't you'll lose this one, too, and then what are you going to do? Get some wood and brace it.​

L&S...I feel your pain. Although it didn't happen in the pen...the snow & ice gave us cave-in trouble with our gazebo (canvas top). we tried ice picks, etc. but alas, will now have to try to patch holes ripped thru. You're right about this winter, tho...
somad.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom