Serious problem with housing

I'm not sure I understand the problem . you have a coop that's big enough for 18 Birds but you don't know where to put the coop . is the coop not installed yet. is there not enough room in the yard for a coop ? I don't get it.
The coop is not installed yet, they are still tiny enough to keep in a metal tub I got at tractor supply co, they are all safe and everything healthy as can be. I'm having issues placing the coop so the neighbors don't throw a fit. My dad is thinking about buying a privacy fence so this may solve the issue. the issue is the neighbors throwing a fit.

the coop we purchased has a run, the garage is fully ventelated but still gets warm in the summer. Its a fairly clean garage as well so of course they will be able to roam and such. In the end I want my chickens to be healthy and safe and happy. f that means rehoming (which breaks my heart) then that must be done.

I am having a serious issue on where to put my coop. My chickens aren't big enough yet to need the coop but we are very limited on space. My dad wants to put the coop in our garage. The problem with that is there is not sunlight in the garage, it gets extremely humid in there over the summer(i live in michigan), and I would have to keep a fan on 24/7. Now he said closing off our back yard porch would be too expensive and too close to our neighbors home. I don't have any roosters and keep telling him that the porch is the better option, they are quiet most of the time and our neighbor is never close enough to our house to actually hear them. Please weigh in your opinions so I can show my dad its unsafe to keep them in the garage. I only have 6 chickens, 5 white rocks and one sea bright bantam. the coop we have is big and hold up to 18 birds. If we can't agree on anything soon I'm afraid I'll have to get rid of my babies and I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THAT. But If the garage isn't the safest place and the porch is too expensive then I don't want them to be in harms way.
Hi everyone,
thank you for giving me advice and ideas for my chickens home. My dad and I agreed to put a privacy fence around our yard and keep the coop in the garage with a tiny door for the chickens to use so they can come outside. Its the best of both worlds for my chickens, they will be safe and happy.

I am so glad you found a solution . you're going to really enjoy your birds. Kudos to your​ Dad for a creative solution!!!
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom