Serve open head wound is Black

Awesome news! Can’t wait for updates pictures when you’re feeling better.
Good morning she’s doing good eating and drinking. Here’s a updated pic from this morning

Attachments

• B4892EEF-FAA4-4DF8-BAF8-52702F799346.jpeg
    B4892EEF-FAA4-4DF8-BAF8-52702F799346.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 39
She is continuing to look better. Glad that she is eating and drinking well. She has come a long way. Keep her skin moist as you are doing especially the beige area. Hope you are feeling better. Keep up the great job.
Ty I feel a lot better. Yes I’m still cleaning her head every day and use wrap every day slso

I would take it slow. It looks like her skull still doesn’t have any skin growing on it—is it totally bare of skin there? You may need to keep applying some ointment or coconut oil on that. If she had skin on it, I would be tempted to put a little pine tar on it when you start letting them get together. That is good to keep them from pecking.

A wire dog crate in her coop for a week or so, so that they can see each other, then later progressing to supervised visits or free ranging would be a good way to start. Put her food and water in the crate. Don’t be in a rush to integrate them, since you don’t want them attacking her.

I am glad that you have saved her life. She looks so much improved.

Wow, I am so impressed with your caregiving skills to this little lady and also her ability to heal. Commendation to both of you!
As far as return her to the flock, I would definitely wait until she starts growing her feathers back, if not longer. And when you do reintroduce her, I absolutely agree with @AmaranthineAcres and @Eggcessive. Supervised visits are essential and the crate idea with food and water and warmth is great!
The flock will be overly aggressive so she knows where she falls in the pecking order.. which was the bottom before but now.. she is somehow lower since they have no remeberance of her or her on how to survive without a gentle and loving human (you) to help her.
So in summary, let her heal completely. And when you do decode to introduce her, do so in a way that she is protected but that the others can feel her presence. And when it is time to let her actually roam with the flock, supervise. And since this incident happened overnight, maybe you could even after roaming during the day, crate her near the flock at night.
She is such a beautiful lady and I feel just seeing pictures of her progress, witnessing her strength that I have come to know and admire her :)

Back
Top Bottom