Set 24 eggs,May 14,@ 8.55.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Valley Girl, May 15, 2010.

1. Valley Girl

Valley Girl Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] This is my first time hatching!! I'm really excited and hopeful.I have a cabinet incubator that has a clear door.The temperature is bang on at 99.5 F and the humidity is at 59 %.
    It has an automatic egg turners every two hours??? Is that too often......I checked the manual I got off the internet and that's what it says in there also.
    There's no label on the cabinet but I think I made a good match.......anyone out there familiar with this type? Thanks a lot,Val:)

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    That's so cool! I don't think every two hours would be too much. What kind of eggs do you have in there? When is the due date?
  3. PriceFamilyFarms

PriceFamilyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Henderson, NC
    it looks like an older GQF 1402 with the clear front door option...someone near me just had one for sale for $400, but I could not drop that much cash right now - he was even going to give me a cabinet full of eggs...that would have been nice!
  4. Valley Girl

Valley Girl Out Of The Brooder

Thanks a lot:) They are eggs from our rhodes and one australorp.They are due to hatch June 4th [​IMG] The model number is what I really wanted [​IMG]
    It's in really good shape,everything seems to be working great so far. We made a trade and I think we got the better deal!All he wanted was 6 meat birds [​IMG] and we got some un-used chicken wire to boot! I guess picking that penny up the day before did bring me some good luck [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by