Set 3/9/12 HATCH ALONG!

I also set 18 ameraucana eggs and 6 backyard mix eggs in my Brinsea eco 20 on 03/09! It's my second hatch, had 9 out of 12 hatch on my first attempt. Kept my humidity around 40% until day 19 then kicked it up to 75-80% until hatch. Super easy incubator to use. I'll probably candle around day 5. Crossing my fingers for good fertility with my first batch of mailed hatching eggs. Good luck with your hatch!

I also set 18 ameraucana eggs and 6 backyard mix eggs in my Brinsea eco 20 on 03/09! It's my second hatch, had 9 out of 12 hatch on my first attempt. Kept my humidity around 40% until day 19 then kicked it up to 75-80% until hatch. Super easy incubator to use. I'll probably candle around day 5. Crossing my fingers for good fertility with my first batch of mailed hatching eggs. Good luck with your hatch!

9 out of 12 is awesome, great job! Good luck, keep us posted on how it's going!

It's day 4, how is it going for everyone? I haven't candled yet, I thought I'de wait until day 10. But, I'm anxious and kind of want to.

Last edited:
Im going on lockdown today! YES!
celebrate.gif

I couldn't stand it any longer. I candled a few of mine out of curiosity. So far, I saw one clear egg, a couple with what looks like the yolk at the top (large end) of the egg, and maybe one with a vein or two. Going to wait now until day 7 or 8 and candle them all. I'm thinking it's not going to turn out well. I didn't turn the eggs at all when I was collecting them, and didn't have my turner plugged all the way in the first night, so they didn't get turned then, either. I may start collecting again tomorrow so I can start over. On the up side, my humidity is holding at 50%, temp at 99.5. I have both vent plugs out because the humidity was getting too high otherwise. I haven't added more water, and won't if it stays at 50%. At lockdown I plan on raising it to 65% - if they make it that far.

Last edited:
I couldn't stand it any longer. I candled a few of mine out of curiosity. So far, I saw one clear egg, a couple with what looks like the yolk at the top (large end) of the egg, and maybe one with a vein or two. Going to wait now until day 7 or 8 and candle them all. I'm thinking it's not going to turn out well. I didn't turn the eggs at all when I was collecting them, and didn't have my turner plugged all the way in the first night, so they didn't get turned then, either. I may start collecting again tomorrow so I can start over. On the up side, my humidity is holding at 50%, temp at 99.5. I have both vent plugs out because the humidity was getting too high otherwise. I haven't added more water, and won't if it stays at 50%. At lockdown I plan on raising it to 65% - if they make it that far.

2 of mine just had a vein or two in them when I first candled, I waited a few days and candled again and there was the little spider. Hope that you have some viable eggs in there.

I'm on day 5 and also have not candled. My are marans and Barnvelder so thye are on the darker side so not sure if I'll see anything anyway. I also have 5 same breeds under my Silkie. I'm not planning on bothering her at all to candle, I'll just wait and see what happens with her eggs. Maybe I'll try and candle Friday That will be eight days maybe I'll be able to see something by then.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom