Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd one is starting
fl.gif
1st one is still trying I want to rip the shell open
barnie.gif

woot.gif
woot.gif
I am excited for you!

BUT NO, YOU STAY OUT OF THAT INCUBATOR
old.gif
YOU KNOW THE RULES!!!!!!

I don't know if I would go by what they tell you at GQF having been in sales myself...I know we will always tell you our products is better. Right? Lol . I would recommend useing 2 hygrometers atleast to make sure there accurate but I know several people who use the same hygrometer me and you have with great results infact I've seen tons of people useing on BYC aswell as this Thread? If I'm correct someone posted a pic of chicks hatching on here using it. I deff would not throw it away infact I bought the standard 1602N with no fan for hatching because so many people on here told me the fan throws off the humidity? I would put it right beside the eggs and go by that reading it will be more accurate that the top read out for sure. You have to think that its reading temp and humidity from the top right where the fan and heating coils are. I would want and trust reding right beside or on top of the eggs. At first I filled both center troughs with warm water and humidity would not get over 58%. After reading several threads on here aswell as talking with friends the said ideal hatching humidity is 65-70%. So I also filled just (ONE) outside trough and how its holding at 68%. I hope this helps you also don't freak out I heard the Humidity is most important the day of and before hatch so you have some time to get it right!

Well, today is the big day!! Last night 7pm, one pip. Stayed like that all night, until it hatched at 6am. A yellow one!!

About 10:30pm, I had my second pip. It too has hatched this morning about 1 hour after this one.

The one near the black one that is zipped hatched about 15 minutes later.

Number 3 is black and yellow! Here it is above.. and here they all are below!

Since #3 arrived, many more now have pipped, and theres 2 zipped. Any minute the next two will come, we can see the beaks picking the holes!

I started with 24. Took out 5 unfertiles, and one blood ring. So... 18 in there.. but I didn't candle the others at all again, as at day 8, they were good with moving embryo's!.

This is all in the Brinsea Octagon Advance 20... and my first time! All I did was put water in it, plug it in, and watched the humidity reading on the digital display, and added when I needed to. Pretty much plugged it in, and walked away, although theres no walking away today!!

I am telling you tho... the impulse to open that incubator, and HELP, CLEAN, CUDDLE.. is a hard thing to fight! But, when I see a couple with that membrane that their trying to break thru.... I can see how hard it is to do, with the humidity right. I sure don't want to risk shrink wrapping any.. but its so hard to watch the remaining in eggs, zipping and pipping, and getting absolutely kicked around by these 3 very lively chicks!!
I am hooked, forever more!!

THAT IS AWESOME!
celebrate.gif
CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR BABIES, THEY ARE PRECIOUS!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME TO SEE IF MY 3 LITTLE EGGS HAVE DONE ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first post here.
I started my very first set of eggs on the 18th and 19th in an old incubator I found in my root cellar from the previous home owner. It's been working fine until last night and today. The fan started freezing up on us and the temp dropped from 99.5 to around 95 in a very short amount of time and we had to go in and put some mineral oil on it to get it spinning again. I haven't seen any action yet from any of the eggs and seeing you all these posts in here has made me excited and very nervous that we damaged our little peepers.

go little brahmas go!

-(slightly) patient in Manitoba

This is my first post here.
I started my very first set of eggs on the 18th and 19th in an old incubator I found in my root cellar from the previous home owner. It's been working fine until last night and today. The fan started freezing up on us and the temp dropped from 99.5 to around 95 in a very short amount of time and we had to go in and put some mineral oil on it to get it spinning again. I haven't seen any action yet from any of the eggs and seeing you all these posts in here has made me excited and very nervous that we damaged our little peepers.

go little brahmas go!

-(slightly) patient in Manitoba
WELCOME!
frow.gif
Yeah, we are all on the impatient list I think!!!!
he.gif
Day 20 for me. I was hoping I would come home to at least a pip!!! but nothing!

Keep us posted on your hatch!!

Ok peeps, Came home to find nothing !
th.gif
I know it is only day 20, but I was hoping for at least a pip........................gonna be a long night
pop.gif

I think I'm on about the same timeline as you... maybe 24 hours behind for the first egg and 72 for the second. Under a broody Partridge Rock-- both of our first times.

Although the first egg looked weird when I candled last eve (for the last time)... half light and half dark. Huge air cell, detached membrane, or am I totally looking at it wrong? I lit it from the side, not the top (big end). The chick was still moving around in there though. Did it quit? I'll be watching yours for a heads-up on mine I think!

Congratulations bayvista....those babies are adorable
Welcome vibratingtoad....best of luck on your hatch

smchick i am headed home in an hour and will prob see the same thing you are seeing .... NOTHING !!! UGH
th.gif
This wait is agonizing !!!!

Hope everyone else is progressing nicely.
fl.gif

I think I'm on about the same timeline as you... maybe 24 hours behind for the first egg and 72 for the second. Under a broody Partridge Rock-- both of our first times.

Although the first egg looked weird when I candled last eve (for the last time)... half light and half dark. Huge air cell, detached membrane, or am I totally looking at it wrong? I lit it from the side, not the top (big end). The chick was still moving around in there though. Did it quit? I'll be watching yours for a heads-up on mine I think!
I know this is killing me
he.gif
Thought for sure I would have something by now. Will give you a heads up when we have a pip!

Back
Top Bottom