set eggs on the 13th, anyone with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Freebie, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I have 44 eggs in the bator that I picked up at the mi chickenstock. Thanks Opa and Vicki2x2. Anyone else set this weekend?

2. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I set some eggs I received from gumpsgirl. They are blue and also splash orpington eggs. Last weekend I set some turken eggs I bought from Nava.

3. Freebie

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    :)Awesome, at least on hatching buddy. I am very excited about these eggs. I got Vorwerk, blue orps, and spangles hamburgs. all bantams from Opa.
    and from vicki, welsummers and BLRW. Heres to luck for both of us to have a successful hatch.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I set 13 ducks eggs on the 11th...they take a week longer than the chickens but I will be on watch with you both. [​IMG]

5. SouthernChick

SouthernChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I set a incubator and two setting hens full of eggs Friday. You will lover your Orpingtons! I have Blue, Black Lavender Splits, Splash and Lavender Orpingtons....I Love Them!

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh yes you will love your orps. My avatar is my precious Thor. I love my orps.

7. Freebie

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    going to candle on Saturday. super excited....hope I can hold out that long. I have a broody golden comet, can you believe it? She bites so hard. Never had a broody bite me before. I am thinking of letting her have some eggs, as she has been broody for ever (it seems anyway) What are you all's plans for candleing?

8. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Can I join in? I set the 13 too! This is my second run with the LG, I bought a barnyard mix on ebay that consists of australorps, cuckoo marans, giant cochins, black copper marans, buff orps and rhode island reds. I also have 6 jersey giants from Echoinghills on BYC. I had a complete flop of a hatch on my last run so this time the LG is in my closet and I have a turner and I am NOT opening it except to candle on day 7 and maybe on 14 but that is it! I am also setting more eggs this weekend in a Hovabator still air that we installed a fan in. I have more RIRs and Brahmas going into that. Do you guys pull eggs after candling that don't look good? I have read that a lot of people leave them in because the bator holds temps better if full...?

9. Freebie

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    This is only my second hatch to. Last time I did get 9 that hatched out. They are with a broody hen I had. So it worked out real nice. I pull the eggs if I am sure that they are not any good. I have heard that they can explode and cause a real stink in the incubator and then you will have lots of bacteria floating around. So, I will pull them if I am sure they are not developing. Can barely wait till tomorrow to candle. [​IMG]

10. sdhawk

sdhawk Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2010
    Central Georgia
    I have eggs in the incubator (a homemade one) that I set on the 5th. Received all my eggs via USPS. I had a total of 25, this is my first attempt at hatching. 10 Marans and 15 Welsummers. two days ago I had to remove almost half the eggs because they were either unfertilized or quiters. I now have 4 Maran and 8 Welsummer eggs with dancing peeps inside... I can't wait to see them. I think I am going to invest in an incubator and use what I built as a brooder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by